Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Today our remote entry keys stopped working on a 2012 Trail. The drivers door still opens with the physical key, and the car is driveable. However the rear doors and hatch cannot be opened from the outside or inside. It is not a flat battery in the remote issue. I'm hoping it might just be a blown fuse somewhere, but I don't even know where to start looking. (Obviously in the fuse block in the drivers foot well, but there are a lot of fuses and most esoterically labelled.) Any suggestion gratefully received, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Not at all familiar with your model (Trail = what?), but on prior models, there was a 20A fuse in the kick panel area called "DR/LOCK". That said, there's usually a reason when a fuse goes, so finding it might not end your problems.

There are also separate relays for "Door Lock" and "Door Unlock".

What you didn't mention is what happens if you hit the unlock button from inside the driver's door. I'm guessing not, but you didn't say.

With a 2012, I'd be in the dealer having it dealt with under warranty!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi canderson, Our Santa Fe Trail is a limited edition (run out) based on the entry level SLX with a few fancy addons like entertainment unit, reverse camera and leather(ette) seats. I have replaced the "DR/LOCK" fuse, which didn't appear blown. The interior controls for door locks are inoperative including the drivers master lock. I'll have to phone a dealer in the morning. We are out in the sticks a bit, so no easy access to dealer.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
OK. Apart from the fuse, which we'll assume is good now, the system as a whole has only a couple of things in common. One is the "Door Unlock Relay". As previously noted, there's also a "Door Lock Relay". I meant to ask whether you could LOCK all of the doors with the switch or the remote (I seem to be doing this piecemeal in my head - not good). Please advise.

The two relays work in conjunction with one another to swap the polarity on the door lock motors to enable and disable the locks ... for all doors EXCEPT for the driver's door, which has its own relay.

If that doesn't work, then the next common link is the Body Control Module itself and the wiring between that and the lock and unlock relays. The BCM picks up the input from the various switches (key lock, driver's door, passenger's door), and controls the relays accordingly. There, you can't avoid a trip to your dealer if, for no other reason, than the cost.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a good look this morning. The remotes do absolutely nothing; no door is locked or unlocked with the remote. The drivers door can be manually opened with the key. The only control on the drivers arm rest that works is the fuel cap; the door locks, windows and rear vision mirrors are dead. The warning lights on the dash appear to work, as do all the analogue gauges, and the prompts to select a more appropriate gear (yes, I prefer a manual). The head lights work OK, but the fog lights do not appear to be working. The traction control and diff lock light up on the dash, so presumably are activating/deactivating as requested. Radio and rear camera are operational.
Dealer says they have not encountered these symptoms before, so it's off to town next week (the service department doesn't open on Saturdays.) To my way of thinking, this is a pretty serious flaw in the vehicle as we cannot access any door except the drivers, and you have to be more nimble (and smaller) than me to climb through to the back. I'm glad we didn't have children strapped in the back, or groceries or other perishables for that matter. Apologies, rambling a bit. Where do you find the door lock relays?
Continued thanks.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
If they're still where they used to be, in the ICM relay box. Here's a picture of how the 07-09 models locate them. I'm not 100% certain that the 2012 is identical.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts