Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost fob for my 2013 Santa fe want to know if 89.00 FOB on line fob works with canadian Santa Fes. Please let me know if it worked for you thanks Dazieff

·
Registered
759 Posts
What $89.00 fob might this be? Got a photo or link?
Also... What model SFS do you have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FOB For 2013 sport 2.0 santa fe

Lost FOB where is the best price of FOB that can be ordered online . If you have ordered one please let me know thanks dazieff:mad:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Although I don't have a solution for you, I know you won't be happy with the cost. We've seen in this forum members reporting spending anywhere from $300 to $500 for a new fob, programmed to their vehicle.

These things are so expensive and when you get another I believe you need to bring your spare fob in too because they program everything at the same time. You can only have 2 fobs programmed for a car at once and I think all needs to be done at the same time each time you have to replace a lost fob.

·
2,258 Posts
please dont create another thread, for the same topic you created 4days ago. its pretty clear (by the lack of feedback) that not many have been in your shoes, or can offer you advice.
i am gonna merge the two threads, and hopefully you resolve you problem and come back to share any new details for others who may cross the same problem.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Not a Santa Fe owner, but in the case of the Sonata, you have to make sure that the Smart Key fob you get is BRAND NEW.

You cannot re-program a fob to another vehicle. The chips inside seem to be one-time use and will only accept one vehicle pairing.

Some sites online swear they can "refurbish" fobs but I would not trust them. You could be stuck with a useless paperweight and no ability to get a refund.

Get it from a trusted source (dealer or online parts house) and try to work out a deal with the dealer who programs it for you. Lowest I have ever heard of is about 300 for fob and programming. And yes you have to have the remaining old fob present or else the programming cannot be done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts