Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i lost my key and i dont have a duplicate,, i try to go to a key shop to make a duplicate but the car is still dont start,,now my question is,, can be my computer be broken bcoz of i force to use other key?? plss help me,, or any suggestion thanks,,

·
Registered
91 Posts
Last time I checked and someone correct me if I'm wrong but duplicated that are not oem don't have a chip inside the key to start ur car. Thus ur duplicate will only unlock the doors maybe even work for ur accessory function, but will never start the car. Ull maybe have to order a new key from a dealership... Or find ur keys..

·
Registered
548 Posts
accents (as far as I knew) didn't have chipped keys.... And yes duplicates can be made by a locksmith providing the have access to the cylinder the key is for. either the ignition or door cylinder would do.

·
Registered
548 Posts
@arubinhansamu You may just have to replace the ignition cylinder. I reread your post and "forcing" as you said may have broken something internally in the cylinder. You can keep the copy you made for the door, but you will more than likely have to either replace or rebuild original cylinder (by a well known or proficient locksmith). If you go to dealer, more than likely they'll replace cylinder and provide you new set of keys for ignition.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not sure if things are different where you are, but in the U.S., the key does not have a chip. However, locksmiths generally do not carry the blank for this key. They carry one that's similar but slightly thinner, and if you make a copy using that blank, it will only open the doors and not start the car. You either need to have Hyundai make the key for you or get the HY-16 blank, which is available cheaply online. Once you have the blank, you should be able to take it to pretty much any locksmith and make a copy of the original key that will open the doors and start the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts