Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost one of the keys to my 2006 Azera Limited. Went to dealership. Dealership told me that the key does NOT have a chip in it and that it could be replaced. They took vin off car and told me it had to be ordered from Los Angeles. Ordered key. Dealership calls me 3 days later. Dealership tells me that in order to get key I have to buy the whole set-3 keys and cost is close to $200. Called a locksmith who deals in these keys. They told me that all Hyundai Azera's DO have a chip in the key and that the key must first be cut by the dealership and then programmed. Cost around $140. Locksmith advised me that if I can get all 3 keys for $180 I might as well do that. What is the deal with the key? Do they all have a chip in them or not? Is there any cheaper way then either of these options?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Every Azera Limited has a transponder key. I do not know about the other models. It's part of the anti theft system. I had an 06 Limited and it definitely has a transponder.

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
Simple.. look at your other black master key... does it have a "M" molded in the plastic ?? If so, it is an immobilizer key.

If the the shank is rectangle, and slot milled in it rather than conventional style key, good luck finding somebody to cut it.

Hyundai USA or parts depot used to offer cutting to code prior to shipping, but they do not do that any more..

Key blanks is available as singles from Hyundai.. order at dealer parts counter.

Programming will need to be done with GDS, we have to go online and obtain 6 digit code before we can proceed with registering of key... best to have new key, and the extra master and sub keys so they can all be entered as set.

You'll need the working master key to drive to dealer and allow programming to start.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solid advise as always from the forum. After talking to the dealership today and once again being told that the keys DO NOT have chips in them the dealership decided to call their location in Los Angeles. They then called me back stating the keys DO have chips in them and that the labor to program the keys was roughly $160. This along with the cost for the keys makes this adventure close to $375 to have 1 key replaced. Hate to say it but this is just too rich for me. Hopefully a cheaper solution will come along. Thanks again to all.

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
I think we only charge $45 to do program..

Somebody is trying to milk you because you want parts and labor, and maybe they the only game in town ?

Got a part number on your key blank ? I suppose I could sneak into parts in the morning and look up a master blank..

Send me the last 8 of your VIN via the message function here..

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
QUOTE (MSgtNobody @ Jan 18 2011, 12:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=391819
I could use another Key also. Can you help???

You want the black "master" key blank with "M" on it,, , or the grey "Sub" key ??

They can purchased/ordered from Hyundai at the dealer parts counter.. I think the last time I looked they was something like $26-29 each.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lost one of the keys to my 2006 Azera Limited. Went to dealership. Dealership told me that the key does NOT have a chip in it and that it could be replaced. They took vin off car and told me it had to be ordered from Los Angeles. Ordered key. Dealership calls me 3 days later. Dealership tells me that in order to get key I have to buy the whole set-3 keys and cost is close to $200. Called a locksmith who deals in these keys. They told me that all Hyundai Azera's DO have a chip in the key and that the key must first be cut by the dealership and then programmed. Cost around $140. Locksmith advised me that if I can get all 3 keys for $180 I might as well do that. What is the deal with the key? Do they all have a chip in them or not? Is there any cheaper way then either of these options?
Go online and purchase a key and you can go to Ace true value hardware to close e the key or look up a locksmith that clone car keys with chips. It dies have a chip.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
So you can order a replacement key with the vin #?
Go online and purchase a key and you can go to Ace true value hardware to close e the key or look up a locksmith that clone car keys with chips. It dies have a chip.
You guys are asking a poster from more than 8 years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts