Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - hopefully someone can give me an answer to this. I have a 2002 Santa Fe. Somehow my remote access key fob disappeared (I really have no idea how or where). Today when I went to get in the car, the doors were locked. I used the key to get in but the alarm went off repeatedly and the car will not start. How can I disable the alarm so that the car will start?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You locked the car with remote, module seen door switch open without being told via remote that it was a lawful entry..

Open the door (alarm will make noise.. oh well),, put key in ignition and turn key to "ON"... let that alarm cycle finish..

Sit there and wait,, alarm will sound again,,, let this cycle complete un-interupted (1st cycle was interupted with key operation)... when the 2nd cycle finish, turn key to "START" and fire up engine..

Alarm will see valid entry, and that be end of it till somebody tell module otherwise via radio signal (remote)..

Close with remote, open with remote..

Lock with key, can open with remote..

Lock with remote,, MUST OPEN with remote or you get noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Nov 26 2010, 10:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374997
You locked the car with remote, module seen door switch open without being told via remote that it was a lawful entry..

Open the door (alarm will make noise.. oh well),, put key in ignition and turn key to "ON"... let that alarm cycle finish..

Sit there and wait,, alarm will sound again,,, let this cycle complete un-interupted (1st cycle was interupted with key operation)... when the 2nd cycle finish, turn key to "START" and fire up engine..

Alarm will see valid entry, and that be end of it till somebody tell module otherwise via radio signal (remote)..

Thanks, I also wondered how I could start my car when my remote would not work and I only have the key to get in.

Maurice B)

·
Registered
4 Posts

I lost the alarm transmitter on my 2002 Sonata a few days ago, so I only lock the car using the key, or using the lock button inside the car now, before losing the remote I didn't use it to lock/unlock the car

So, what I can't figure out is why the alarm will sometimes go off when I unlock the car using only the key?
Since the alarm isn't being turned on with the keyless-remote why does it seem to self-activate? There's no mention of being able to turn the car alarm on without using the remote, so I'm stumped, since from what I've read the car alarm (flashing lights, etc..) should never come on using only the key to lock/unlock, or can it??

So, is this just a bug in the alarm system?
or does it mean somebody tried to mess with the car and that caused it to self-arm?

Any help is appreciated, I looked elsewhere online and found zero information on this issue:
Why does the car alarm go off when I unlock the car with my key, and I didn't lock it using the keyless-remote?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts