Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't say how much of an idiot I feel like right now. I was trying to drain and fill the automatic transmission fluid today on my '09 2.4 GLS when I found out I couldn't find the dipstick! I'm pretty sure I checked it a few times before so I'm really confused as to where I'd put it.

Anyways, I'm trying to order a new one but I can't seem to find a part number for it. The only dipstick I found looks like its for motor oil. And I doubt they're the same. Does anyone know what the part number is or if I'm even able to get one?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Until you can find or purchase a new dip stick I would take aluminum foil and fold it over to prevent anything from coming out of he dipstick hole if you wanted to drive it. Not highly likely that anything would get in there to contaminate or you would lose ATF but better off to be safe. I would then secure that aluminum foil in place with a really small hose clamp or a tie wrap.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Walk into local Hyundai dealer of choice, go to the parts dept sales counter, have VIN in hand, and fella will look it up in catalog and likely order it for you.. might cost you $20..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Until you can find or purchase a new dip stick I would take aluminum foil and fold it over to prevent anything from coming out of he dipstick hole if you wanted to drive it. Not highly likely that anything would get in there to contaminate or you would lose ATF but better off to be safe. I would then secure that aluminum foil in place with a really small hose clamp or a tie wrap.
Thanks for the idea. I just got back from using foil and some electrical tape. Hope it can hold till I get one.

Walk into local Hyundai dealer of choice, go to the parts dept sales counter, have VIN in hand, and fella will look it up in catalog and likely order it for you.. might cost you $20..
I think I might try this too...my local dealer kinda sucks but if it doesn't fit, at least I'll know immediately and return it on the spot. Was hoping to get it online to cut out the middleman.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
What part of your dealer sucks ?? Service ?? Find another dealer..

Part dept fella looking up part at part counter using VIN and MICROCAT aint rocket surgery..

46580-3A200 = $16.50

Call local hyundai dealers, and the Kia dealers too using that part number, see who do you best price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that...although I'm confused as to why they call it "GAUGE-OIL LEVEL" and why its not found under "Automatic Transaxle"

·
Registered
184 Posts
I know the mindset about thinking the dealer overcharges, but sometimes you just need the part NOW. That kind of burns me up, i go looking to pick up something and then they tell me they have to order it. In that case ...... i can mail order it myself.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Thanks for that...although I'm confused as to why they call it "GAUGE-OIL LEVEL" and why its not found under "Automatic Transaxle"
Because we are "Gauging" the oil level... and it is found in the auto trans portion of MICROCAT --

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The engine oil dipstick :

ROD ASSEMBLY - OIL LEVEL GAUGE

26611-25001

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know the mindset about thinking the dealer overcharges, but sometimes you just need the part NOW. That kind of burns me up, i go looking to pick up something and then they tell me they have to order it. In that case ...... i can mail order it myself.
You're right on that...I don't mind paying a few extra bucks, but its doubtful they have it sitting on the shelf. I've just been burned by the dealer in the past for a TSB. The service manager insisted they have to do a $100 diagnosis first, so I left.

Because we are "Gauging" the oil level... and it is found in the auto trans portion of MICROCAT --
Thanks for the diagram, that's what I've been looking for! I'm gonna call up parts and find out if they have it. If not, I'm ordering it online!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Thanks for the diagram, that's what I've been looking for! I'm gonna call up parts and find out if they have it. If not, I'm ordering it online!
On-line will just be a dealer do interweb as sideline.. they'll have to order from PDC and forward it on to you..

Try your local hyundai and kia dealers..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On-line will just be a dealer do interweb as sideline.. they'll have to order from PDC and forward it on to you..

Try your local hyundai and kia dealers..
As always, you're right. I still haven't received the **** part and this weekend I actually had time to do the drain and fill.

It might be cheap, but I don't think I'll order from Delray Hyundai again (Hyundai Replacement Parts | Hyundai Part Number & Factory Parts). Its taken over a week now and these guys are located in my state, 290 miles away!

I shoulda went with my local dealer. :beathorse:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts