Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
since 2 weeks I feel weird something about my sonata 2010 .
during acceleration I feel loss from the engine. there is no fault on the dashboard.
I noticed that the problem occurred a few days after change of the spark plugs.
should I put the old spark plugs?
According to what is the cause?
I often buy fuel from Total.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello
since 2 weeks I feel weird something about my sonata 2010 .
during acceleration I feel loss from the engine. there is no fault on the dashboard.
I noticed that the problem occurred a few days after change of the spark plugs.
should I put the old spark plugs?
According to what is the cause?
I often buy fuel from Total.
Try a throttle reset. It happened to mine also. Turn the key ahead until all the accessories are are on but the car isn't started. Pump the gas pedal to the floor 5 times and on the 5th time hold it in and turn the key off. Release the pedal and start the car. See if that helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try a throttle reset. It happened to mine also. Turn the key ahead until all the accessories are are on but the car isn't started. Pump the gas pedal to the floor 5 times and on the 5th time hold it in and turn the key off. Release the pedal and start the car. See if that helps.
I'm going to try

·
Registered
882 Posts
Is it v6 engine? Hyundai uses NGK 7854 Laser Iridium as OEM plugs, and you can also use NGK Iridium IX.

If it's v6, you should replace PCV valve also. The symptoms of bad PCV is that, even you push the pedal to the ground, you can't feel more power, and you may find oil on the spark plugs.

Check all connectors and wires you have touched, clean the battery terminal and ground wires, tighten them

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i saw in scheduled maintenance for sonata 2010: SPARK PLUGS (IRIDIUM COATED) should be changed every 97,5 miles

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it v6 engine? Hyundai uses NGK 7854 Laser Iridium as OEM plugs, and you can also use NGK Iridium IX.

If it's v6, you should replace PCV valve also. The symptoms of bad PCV is that, even you push the pedal to the ground, you can't feel more power, and you may find oil on the spark plugs.

Check all connectors and wires you have touched, clean the battery terminal and ground wires, tighten them
it's V4, the old spark plugs are Denso make

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I saw that old spark plug are iridiums and the mechanic has installed platinum bosch. it can be dangerous ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I saw that old spark plug are iridiums and the mechanic has installed platinum bosch. it can be dangerous ?

Normally, it should just be that they won't last as long. However, since you are having symptoms, maybe you should change to the recommended plug. Do you know if he set the correct gap? He didn't try one of those multiple electrode trick plugs did he? It was "normal" Bosch plugs that failed for me within a few hundred miles.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
As Bosch has only 9622 available for the 2.4, don't know what a 16 is, other than Denso 16, but forget Bosch. Believe Denso OEM is FXU16HR11.
Personally I use NGK in all the cars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i replaced the old spark plugs by the same spark plugs (Denso iridium, same Gap... ) but the issue is not resolved. The car run very well but sometimes I feel coughs of the car.
I have doubts about the fuel filter or fuel pump.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had the same problem a few times with my 2009 Sonata 2.4l. Lost power on the 401 highway to the point I had to stop.

The problem was the throttle body was dirty and the airflow sender. After cleaning the TB and sensor with Throttle Cleaner ( Hyundia sell it), the problem was gone.
There is usually an engine code too but try the TB servicing first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had the same problem a few times with my 2009 Sonata 2.4l. Lost power on the 401 highway to the point I had to stop.

The problem was the throttle body was dirty and the airflow sender. After cleaning the TB and sensor with Throttle Cleaner ( Hyundia sell it), the problem was gone.
There is usually an engine code too but try the TB servicing first.
thanks for you answer.
if I drive more than 120 km / h I do not feel the jolts of the car.
but when I drive at low speed I feel more the jerks from the car.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts