Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I own a 2011 i30(FD) edition 1.6 CRDI. I noticed a slight lack of power on Friday after a long motorway journey approx 180 miles. Around 15 miles from my house pulling away from a round-a-bout the car lost all power, foot to the floor nothing out of the engine then all of a sudden it took off. With a large amount of black smoke puffed out the exhuast - like an old steam locomotive. No engine light on or anything. I am worried In case this happens again. Any one any ideas on this fault? Cheers

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
its rather hard to come up with any ideas without more information than that.

if this is a one time occurrence i would chalk this up to a one time malfunction. it happens. my accent started misfiring at idle one morning for no reason. has not done it since.

·
Registered
538 Posts
You can confuse the engine in these things sometimes. I've had mine do similar things when coming off full throttle, braking quickly and mashing the throttle pedal back down again, the sort driving you would do entering a largish roundabout/intersection, getting baulked by traffic then powering away. For an instant the engine just seems completely 'lost'? nothing happens, then powers away as normal. I think it's the engine computer/egr system having trouble keeping up with wild boost pressure/ throttle input signals. And yes they can blow shed loads of black smoke for a second or so, quite impressive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts