Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
From New 1st Gear has been Rubbish on my i20 2017 setting off the revs drop and there's nothing you can do about it !!! The best option is set off in 2nd when i can. Than after 10 mins driving in traffic comes the clutch judder. On 1st service i told them but amazingly nothing wrong with the car so another year driving a kangaroo. Hopefully they'll fix it on this 2nd service in July or I'm just going to leave it there. This is the 4th new car all 4 have had similar problems! This'll be the last.

Registered
My 67 plate i20 has also started to experience clutch judder in first gear. It's intermittent - eg was doing it all day two days ago, but yesterday was absolutely fine. Sometimes I think it's driver error on my part (not enough revs/ lifting foot off clutch too soon) but that wouldn't explain why it's intermittent, plus have seen others reporting the same thing on this forum and elsewhere. It'll be due it's second annual service soon so will mention it then, but from what you and others have said I don't have too much hope 馃檨 馃殫

Registered
Yep, struggle with the same problems here (2015 1.2). To the extent that the dealer agreed to replace the clutch under warranty 6 months ago (apparently there is a known issue with one part of the clutch mechanism which has been upgraded for the latest cars).

Car was better but not perfect after the clutch replacement, but already going back to the bad old ways. Very difficult to get a smooth pull away, 9 times out of ten the revs will drop and you will get a judder. Horrible to drive around town.

Personally I think it is the engine mapping - it has some "clever" behaviour where it tries to pick up the revs if the engine is straining against the clutch, and I suspect that what happens is the "clever" engine management ends up fighting a well-trained left foot. And all the juddering and jerking affects the clutch over time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts