Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an interesting experience with my 09 Sonata, I intermittently lost FM signal. After weeks, I found out that when I hit the Rear Defrost button, it caused the FM signal to be interfered with and 'distanced'. Took it to the dealer for one of my perks (free syn oil change and Hyundai Filter) and mentioned it, since it was Sat at 8:00 pm, I had to come back during weekday hours. The service manager after doing a quick walk through with a tech, authorized a rear glass replacement. Not sure if this is a common issue, I bought the car new. Only pet Peeve is they put Hyundai Solar Glass in, and they told me it is the same as the PPG Solar Green. It has the Hyundai stamp on it and it is not aftermarket. Whatever, but I gotta say reading these posts with 14,000 no major complaints in the V6. Only thing I noticed is that it seems on the startup the high idle seems a little rough, I am thinking it may be some type of electric choke, once it knocks down smooth. Also, it rides a little rough, not sure if the suspension or the Kuhmo's. I also find myself driving faster than I ever did, I may opt for a Genesis in a few years.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Our 06 does the same thing. I don't think I'm covered for a rear windshield replacement any longer. Others have had the same problem.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
For the cold start, program the PCM with the latest program, #169 --> NF 3.3 ECM UPDATE

For the FM reception.. I assume the FM gets static/fuzzy when defrost is turned on... replace module at right rear pillar for the defrost/antenna integration..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts