Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance drives the 2001 Elantra and said that on a couple of occations she would have to apply the brake all the way to the floor in order to stop the car. Even then, it would take longer to stop the vehicle. HMAService offers a couple areas to check but I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience.

Thanks.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

Plenty of time for fluid to degrade and not be able to take the heat, so possible boil at 1 time and air in system.. flush entire system so new clean fluid comes out all 4 bleed holes..

Drum brakes on rear... hand brake handle comes way up ?? Condition of friction materials and adjustment of shoes to drums ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm inspecting all the brakes tomorrow. The rear wheels are drums, and the hand brake feels good. It's got enough tension that it won't quite come all the way up.

I'll update with the condition of the brakes tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: No obvious problems with the brakes. Although the rear shoes are in need of replacement. I'm thinking theres probably air in the system. Ive read that with ABS brakes I need a meter to flush the system. Is this nessessary?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts