Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks you are a life saver, i had no radio for 2 months and now it works, even the idiots at the dealership are clueless on how to fix this withour replacing the entire system

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
2,745 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Naesat and Mobilesyrup:00000732:
Seems this "loss of audio" happens to so many users. Wonder if it is a circuit protection function, or a design fault.?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2012 Hyundai Tucson Limited and recently had an issue with the audio not working. Here is the VERY EASY solution to fixing the audio in your Tucson when it suddenly and inexplicable just stops working. You do not need to go to a dealership. They will say you need to replace the stereo, which you do not. If you one day get into your Tucson and the audio is not working, but everything else is (ie. you can see your XM stations and the buttons work, just no audio) all you need to do is this:

There is a very small button on the stereo (the type of button that if you are familiar with electronic devices is used to reset such a device). With the car running and the stereo screen on you push that very small button with the tip of a pen. The whole audio unit will shut off. The stereo will not come back on on it’s own. You simply need to push the stereo unit’s POWER BUTTON and the unit will reboot. You should have the audio back right away. No trip to the dealer, no money spent. Takes 1 minute. You will lose your XM radio stations you had programmed but you won't lose your GPS address book![/quote]

YES! Reset button did the trick in my 2011 Tucson LTD. Had to reset my AM/FM stations, no big deal, but did NOT lose my Navigation address books! Thanks!!!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
2,745 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Please fill in your profile, location, model, year, trim etc

Yes, that procedure works like charm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2012 Hyundai Tucson Limited and recently had an issue with the audio not working. Here is the VERY EASY solution to fixing the audio in your Tucson when it suddenly and inexplicable just stops working. You do not need to go to a dealership. They will say you need to replace the stereo, which you do not. If you one day get into your Tucson and the audio is not working, but everything else is (ie. you can see your XM stations and the buttons work, just no audio) all you need to do is this:

There is a very small button on the stereo (the type of button that if you are familiar with electronic devices is used to reset such a device). With the car running and the stereo screen on you push that very small button with the tip of a pen. The whole audio unit will shut off. The stereo will not come back on on it’s own. You simply need to push the stereo unit’s POWER BUTTON and the unit will reboot. You should have the audio back right away. No trip to the dealer, no money spent. Takes 1 minute. You will lose your XM radio stations you had programmed but you won't lose your GPS address book!
This reset button worked! So cool to find a solution this way rather than having to bring it it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem yesterday. I shut off the radio, warmed up the car at idle for 25 minutes (we were at about -10 Celsius), shut off the car, waited five minutes and then when I restarted the car the radio works fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem (no audio) with my 2011 Tucson just started today... Tried reset button didn't work. Any other suggestions??? Maybe the fuse?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My ix35 (2013 year)lost the sound. The amplifier amp-400lme is out of order. Help to search the professional manual and the circuit diagram for the amp-400lme to repair it!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
2,745 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Please fill in your profile, location, model, year, trim etc
Have you tried to push the tiny re-set button?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2010 ix35 and I have lost all audio. I have looked all over the car and these is no reset button. Like it has been suggested! Am I missing something? Is there somewhere else I should be looking? Thank you for any help :)

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
2,745 Posts
Welcome to the forum, "Emski"
Please fill in your profile, location, model, year, trim etc for better response.
My radio is with Navi, The reset button is on the right side just under the telephone button.
Your European model may be different
You can disconnect the battery, wait 10 minutes then re-connect. It is just like resetting everything.

·
Registered
1 Posts

There is a very small button on the stereo (the type of button that if you are familiar with electronic devices is used to reset such a device). With the car running and the stereo screen on you push that very small button with the tip of a pen. The whole audio unit will shut off. The stereo will not come back on on it’s own. You simply need to push the stereo unit’s POWER BUTTON and the unit will reboot. You should have the audio back right away. No trip to the dealer, no money spent. Takes 1 minute. You will lose your XM radio stations you had programmed but you won't lose your GPS address book!
Thank you so much for that tip, it fixed my problem! Not sure what happened that the system needed resetting, but pushing that tiny button got it back to work :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a similar problem on my 2010 ix35 w/ Media Pack. The radio works ok for a few of minutes then is replaced by a never ending beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep from the speakers. Not ideal when you're cruising along a motorway. The only way to stop is to switch off then engine, back on - then there is no sound, so switch off, and on again, and radio returns.

Is this likely to be the head unit or the amp causing the problem? Last night I ripped open the back right panel of the boot to confirm that yes, there is an amp in there!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts