Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After trading my real nice 2003 Sentra with 91k miles and my nice 09 Accent HB with 101k miles for a 2014 Elantra with 87k miles, I've dealt with this local dealership with less than good results. One of the bolts holding the splash pan on was broken before I got the car and I tried to get them to fix it one day. It took them 2 hours of working on it and they didn't even get the broken 1/2 a bolt out of there. He put some other piece on that did not solve the issue and did not stop the right front side of the pan from hanging down an inch or so. They didn't charge me, so I ignored it and ran the car that way.

A week or so ago I had them flush the 6 spd AT for $216. The car ran good around town after that but today on the highway while listening to music at 70 MPH I could feel vibration and then hear it when I turned the music down. The idiots must have forgot to secure the splash pan after flushing the tranny!!! I was a bit upset. How incredibly stupid of them to let the car go before it was finished! Now one of the fastener holes on the passenger side of the splash pan got worn away. It was dragging on the road at 70 MPH. I had an important appt to get to and didn't have time to drive slower. So now I'm wondering if I can get them to buy me a new splash pan. He told me to go up there and "let them look at it" but I think I'd rather let some 5 year old kids look at it.

As soon as I got home I installed about 6 of the black plastic fasteners. It still kind of ticks me off that they'd be so stupid. If they buy me a new pan or if not, I may never step foot in that place again. If they can't even secure the splash plan after taking it off, what good are they? I should have taken it right home after the flush and driven onto my ramps and checked out what they did. The only thing holding it on were 4 or 5 of the bolts. I don't think they used one plastic fastener. What a bunch of screwballs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I don't really need them anyway for anything but another tranny flush in about 5 years. And when that time comes I'll take it up to Bristol instead. I wouldn't trust these guys to check my tire pressure.

·
Registered
08 Santa Fe 2.7 Automatic
316 Posts
the jobs go to the guys with the best interview skills. most likely 50 good mechanics got turned away.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's stupid design. You can try some hook and loop fastener tape
That's a good idea. I'd love to just fix it myself and never go back there. If it works it will be a better idea than asking them for a new pan.

They took away my right to review their facebook page so I can't leave a negative feedback. I was mad when some idiot from there called me during lunch hour one day trying to solicit car sales. Left a neg FB that sat there for 1-2 years. I was going to upgrade my feedback but I couldn't but what I can do is tell my story on my FB page.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Dealers are only good for warranty work. The rest, if you can do it yourself, it will be much quicker, cheaper, and no wasted time going to and from the shop plus the wait time.

Expecting dealers to repair broken screw stuck inside is asking too much? Dealers don't repair, they replace parts. Its very easy to secure those plastic splash guard. Ebay has plastic clips for much less. And for those metal screws, hardware or your jar of old nuts and bolts. Drill out the remaining screw and put a new one in. If the threads messed up, you can remedy that with zip tie (hanger wire) or bolt/screw that's goes in from the back and a nut in front. Getting pissed off about something easily fixed is a waste of time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree. Taking it back there would be a surefire way to waste more time and get more disappointment. What a bunch of useless employees.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Extra strong hook and loop tape is about $4 and should work. In the meantime, my splash pan isn't going anywhere, not like those dimwits left it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Man, sorry to hear the issues you are having with the dealer.

I've been very impressed with mine. They are not perfect, but they seem to really care and have owned their mistakes and gone above and beyond to make them right.

They dented the lower rocker when performing a recall. (I suppose it helped my case that I had taken pictures the morning I dropped it off for service that clearly show the dents and scuffs where not there.) (I trust no one)

The PDR work took about 5 days to complete so they gave me 2017 Elantra to drive on them. The PDR guy made my car as good as new but they somehow managed to scuff the paint in the same part of the car only further back. :frown: When I went to pick up the car the Service manager openly stated he had not seen that when I dropped it off. (This time I got it on video- again I trust no one)

Rather than wait another week, they asked me if I could take care of it at my next service. They noted on my account that at my next service they will take care of my paint AND my 22K service will be on THEM.

Like I said, not perfect, but they are willing to own up and accept responsibility. This goes a long way. I've used them for parts and plan on using them for my service because of this good customer service.

Lets hope the bad dealers lose enough business to force change or just close shop.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Their service mgr called me this morning with his lousy attitude. Another idiot. He said "that can hurt our paychecks if you leave us negative feedback". I can't get over some people around here that think they're above negative feedback no matter what their actions were. He refused to listen to what I had to say and he kept talking over me so I told him to enjoy the feedback he deserved, and that he earned it and then I hung up on him. I left a new 1 star feedback on their main facebook website. I'm all done with those losers. I will not let them do my OCI with the coupon for free oil and filter change they gave me when I traded the car. They don't deserve to ever touch the car again as long as I own it. They're liars, put ons, and puppets.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I would not call them a good dealer if they damage my car for a recall work. They only owned up cause you had proof.

Seems such a common occurrence, dealer replacing something and later damaging a different part in the process. Reason I don't like going to dealers for recalls. You'll never know what they will mess up next.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dealership (stealership) aside, I still love my '14 Elantra SE.

I filled her up today and only got 26.395 MPGs this tank.

I was thinking of placing an add to see if I can swap it with someone even for a good Prius. Those get 40 MPG around town.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I would not call them a good dealer if they damage my car for a recall work. They only owned up cause you had proof.

Seems such a common occurrence, dealer replacing something and later damaging a different part in the process. Reason I don't like going to dealers for recalls. You'll never know what they will mess up next.

I think the tone of this thread has brought out negativity so many have against dealerships. In my case it very well could have been an honest mistake. I didn't really go into details as this was not my thread, but the dealer was taking care of the issues before I showed them my pictures. I try to be as upfront as possible with how I deal with people. I looked at the pictures to just be sure I was not mistaken. I showed them the pictures because I wanted them to know I was not trying to scam them. Had the dents been there in my pictures I had every intent of letting them know I was mistaken. Truth be told, there were two dents. One I believe I could see in the images I took when I dropped the car off. I told them they were not responsible for that one and I paid the PDR guy myself to have him do it while he was doing the other one for the dealer.

The paint scuffs they noticed and brought it to my attention. I happen to be filming the event as I was documenting my experience. (I video tape a lot of stuff regularly and take a ton of pictures. This car was was new to me and I was still in the "new car phase" (Still am) so I take a ton of pictures. It drives my family nuts.) Had they not said anything I probably would not have been the wiser.

I don't think all dealers are bad.

Reactions: dijon76
1 - 14 of 14 Posts