Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a 2017 Hyundai Elantra SE and I want to upgrade the stock stereo to the 7” touchscreen, I would prefer to keep things looking OEM so I would have to buy one off of EBay. I have seen that the wire configuration is a little different for the touchscreen than the standard, so would I be able to buy an adapter? Or do I have to get creative with soldering?

This would be my first time modifying cars by the way, I have a bit of electronics and technology background though, and from the videos I’ve seen I feel like I can do this.

Also I’ve seen someone say that the navigation model has the same connections, would that work or would I still have to modify?

Should I just have a shop do this instead?

Navigation Screen EBay

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really all you need to do is to call a wrecker and get the 7” stereo unit from another 2017-18 , the dash surround and the rest is plug and play, no wiring, no nothing. Change out the stereo, change out the dash and your good. I swapped the 7” from a 2017 sport into my 2020 base, and it worked great. In my case, it wouldn’t shut off. Looking for same 2019-20 7” stereo to try again. Maybe slight different in pin out for accessory power? Not sure but the general swap is plug and play.
But I've seen that the plug for the stock stereo and the 7" stereo are not the same, like this person found out

2017 Hyundai Elantra Stereo

But I've also seen that the 8" navigation stereo has the same plug as the stock stereo, or at least that's what it looks like. But I don't know if that would work because you're adding a premium stereo in a car that didn't come with it, and wouldn't have all the plugs added.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.