Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, my old tercel recently died, and I need to replace it asap. Money is pretty tight right now (student and all that), and it probably will be for the next couple of years. I'm looking at accents right now, but I'm finding some mixed reviews. Overall they seem to be pretty reliable, but there seems to be some transmission complaints. The last thing I want is for the car to die while I'm still making payments on it (I'll probably have to spread them out over three years). Does anyone have any advice or expierience with these problems? Would you reccomend an accent from this year?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
A `99 Accent 1.5 is a reliable well-built car, with a surprisingly good performance , due to it`s reasonably light weight.

Personally I would only consider one with manual transmission, as auto is power (& fuel) sapping on an engine of this size & Hyundai self-shifters are frankly not the best around.

Good luck,
Nick. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would not recommend purchasing an accent. I have nothing but problems since i bought mine 4 years ago. and they just keep adding up.. right now my car wont even run

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well I drive a 1999 Accent MVi (1.5 litre, 16 valve, DOHC, Manual) and I have had no problems apart from a slight gear-crunching problem - but from looking into it and other Accents with the same problem, I havn't found what the problem is, but the cause seems to be having an elderly person as the previous driver.

Other than that the car runs very well, is very economical and gives great performance for it's engine size. So overall I am very happy with it :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts