Hyundai Forums banner

Looking for some OEM calligraphy wheels

5K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  Lunchbox87 
#1 ·
Have a hybrid on order….. due to the gas mileage… calligraphy was about 2k more…. Absolutely loved the look of the calligraphy but I drive a lot…. The limited wheels are something awful

So next best option was just to spend that 2k on wheels and tires… if applicable and same lug pattern, I will be looking for some new calligraphy wheels.. Having trouble finding a place to get said rims…

Any kind of assisstance would be fantastic… thanks ahead of time!

#5 ·
I'm sure they can, but I think the OP is asking what the price of a set of non-150% marked up wheels might run?

And in case people don't believe it, I found the price of the original locking lugs that I ordered from my dealer. They made a big deal that I got the Costco discount and took the price down from $83 to $70. If you look them up on the Hyundai auto parts site, the MSRP is $59 and the stealer price is $45. o_O

Reactions: Mccorma
#6 ·
Have a hybrid on order….. due to the gas mileage… calligraphy was about 2k more…. Absolutely loved the look of the calligraphy but I drive a lot…. The limited wheels are something awful

So next best option was just to spend that 2k on wheels and tires… if applicable and same lug pattern, I will be looking for some new calligraphy wheels.. Having trouble finding a place to get said rims…

Look on EBay, however the 20” Calligraphy wheels as you know were delayed and scarce so it may be a while until they show up, unless someone wants to swap out on a new vehicle for one reason or another.
One alternative I explored was used 20” wheels from a Pallisade. Bolt pattern should be ok and also the width and offset but you’d have to confirm. I was looking at the early Calligraphy with the same 19” wheels you mentioned but eventually waited for the 20” to arrive.

#8 ·
The 20" Palisade wheels are stunning wheels. If they fit, that seems like a no brainer if you can get some. The 20" SF Calligraphy wheels are really nice too, but if I didn't already have them and was simply looking for the nicest wheel in the Hyundai line, man those Palisade wheels are beauts. The 19"s are OK but don't blow the doors off the joint like the aforesaid two, imho. Some people don't like 'em but I'm neutral to mildly positive on the 19's, but the 20's in either SF or Palisade are at a different aesthetic level.

#13 ·
While I agree that the 20" Calligraphy wheels are very attractive and the 19" Limited wheels are butt ugly, I don't understand why no one is looking for after-market 19" wheels, especially if your Santa Fe came with decent tires. Much cheaper to just buy wheels and use the stock tires. Also, many have said the 19" tires give a much better ride than the 20's. The factory TPMS sensors can also be installed on your new wheels.
I'd be curious if what a dealer is going to charge for it a set of Calligraphy wheels.

#15 ·
Good point. There’s also 19” Hyundai/Kia wheels from other models and years that would probably bolt right on. The “ugly” wheels that are removed would have value to someone somewhere who likes them or has a need because of damage etc. In that scenario it probably wouldn’t be too expensive to make the change.

#14 ·
As a suggestion, if you have a good wheel repair shop, you can canvas dealers that have ordered replacement wheels for those that have shown some delamination. A good wheel shop can repair and re-coat the wheels and I'm sure the dealer will be glad to get them off their hands.

Just a suggestion.

#16 ·

It's possible Detroit Wheel And Tire or Midwest Wheel may have trade ins. They do swaps on tire and wheel packages IIRC.

Attachments

#17 ·

Where are you located? I just picked up a '22 Calligraphy w/ 20" wheels today but believe it or not I like the 19's avail on the 2021 model. Would you like to exchange? Can do a very reasonable trade...

#21 ·
Yeah, I hear you. Had to buy my wife a new Explorer XLT as my penance for trading in my older SF on the Cali on a whim. She only drives the old Explorer and the new one gets dusty in the garage.

#23 ·
I maybe getting even cheaper in my older age, but I dont understand the why anyone would want anything bigger than 19s. The rubber is expensive to replace if you are keeping this long term. I actually want the 18" tire as I dont mind that rim at all, plus a good 60mm on the side wall vs 55.

#24 ·
Because maybe the 20" came with the car? I agree the 19's would ride better but unless you have someone that lives in the same city and bought the other and can put them up on a rack and swap tires, you're pretty much going to go with 20's.

#28 ·
Huh? Err no..

Larger diameter tires means less sidewall to cushion the bumps and especially pot holes. Try to drive a 20" wheel tire into a pot hole and see what the jar will feel light and pray and hope that your wheel hasn't been dented!

Larger diameter tires grip better on dry road and have better steering response but suck on wet/snow as the tire width is larger and can't channel the water/snow away as well.

See the below chart, a lot more worsens than improves....

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Number

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Paper product

#32 ·
I bought a calligraphy back last march because I needed a car. Was holding out for Anything but White or Black and must have beige interior. Was holding out for 20-inch wheels. I checked 4 states for 2 months and ultimately had to settle for white with the 19-inch wheels. I was able to get the beige interior and zero finance with 1500 off sticker. So I gave up some things to get other things. I don't like the wheels, but they have grown on me a little and I don't want to put 2k into a car that I will probably only have 3 or 4 years tops.

#34 ·
Automotive lighting Hood Grille Motor vehicle Vehicle
Exactly how I feel. I bought some 19” Oem reconditioned 2020 Santa Fe wheels to replace my stock ones. Bought on Ebay. 100% feedback from very popular company out of Houston. They showed up with trash in the finish, very rough edges, and powdercoat so thin you could see through them. I sent them back. Stinks because they would have looked much better.

#35 ·
Those the same wheels I'm getting today. Purchased a 19' Ultimate its being delivered to my house this afternoon. Online order from 5 hrs away. I really hope there's no curb rash and worried about the clearcoat finish if its been driven in the winter (salt). But I like the style of them and certainly better than the stock calligraphy wheels for sure !!

Sucks you had to send them back but I would have done the same that doesn't look right.

#36 ·
Yea. It was a really poor job by them. I was bummed. Had an appointment to get them on this am. Id like to find some private party wheels, not buying reconditioned again now. Soured my taste. And I really dont want aftermarket. Im looking at Sorento wheels and other Kia models. Same tpms. The Sonata N Line Wheels will work as well so there are options. Just hard to find anything right now. More examples of the work And with 100% feedback on 6000 plus sales I was shocked
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Grille
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.