Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a hybrid on order….. due to the gas mileage… calligraphy was about 2k more…. Absolutely loved the look of the calligraphy but I drive a lot…. The limited wheels are something awful

So next best option was just to spend that 2k on wheels and tires… if applicable and same lug pattern, I will be looking for some new calligraphy wheels.. Having trouble finding a place to get said rims…

Any kind of assisstance would be fantastic… thanks ahead of time!

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
826 Posts
19 or 20". Most of the Calligraphy's come with 20" wheels.
You might want to join a couple of the SF groups on Facebook. Wheels pop up from time to time.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Couldn't you call the dealership and tell them you'd like to order a set of 20" Calligraphy wheels? I bet they could either make that happen or point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Couldn't you call the dealership and tell them you'd like to order a set of 20" Calligraphy wheels? I bet they could either make that happen or point you in the right direction.
I'm sure they can, but I think the OP is asking what the price of a set of non-150% marked up wheels might run?

And in case people don't believe it, I found the price of the original locking lugs that I ordered from my dealer. They made a big deal that I got the Costco discount and took the price down from $83 to $70. If you look them up on the Hyundai auto parts site, the MSRP is $59 and the stealer price is $45. o_O

Reactions: Mccorma

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy
144 Posts
Have a hybrid on order….. due to the gas mileage… calligraphy was about 2k more…. Absolutely loved the look of the calligraphy but I drive a lot…. The limited wheels are something awful

So next best option was just to spend that 2k on wheels and tires… if applicable and same lug pattern, I will be looking for some new calligraphy wheels.. Having trouble finding a place to get said rims…

Look on EBay, however the 20” Calligraphy wheels as you know were delayed and scarce so it may be a while until they show up, unless someone wants to swap out on a new vehicle for one reason or another.
One alternative I explored was used 20” wheels from a Pallisade. Bolt pattern should be ok and also the width and offset but you’d have to confirm. I was looking at the early Calligraphy with the same 19” wheels you mentioned but eventually waited for the 20” to arrive.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The 20" Palisade wheels are stunning wheels. If they fit, that seems like a no brainer if you can get some. The 20" SF Calligraphy wheels are really nice too, but if I didn't already have them and was simply looking for the nicest wheel in the Hyundai line, man those Palisade wheels are beauts. The 19"s are OK but don't blow the doors off the joint like the aforesaid two, imho. Some people don't like 'em but I'm neutral to mildly positive on the 19's, but the 20's in either SF or Palisade are at a different aesthetic level.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I haven't seen any Hybrid Limited in stock in nyc. I was also thinking of switching the wheels on my Hybrid Blue too. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I’m currently searching for a set also any link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn’t see any Calligraphy sets on EBay but quite a few Palisade sets. There was one set of 20” including tires for about $1800 with shipping. Depends on your budget I guess.

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Hybrid Limited
107 Posts
While the 19” wheels on my hybrid limited are the least attractive ones I have had on a car in many years they are also the easiest ones to keep clean.

·
Registered
144 Posts
While the 19” wheels on my hybrid limited are the least attractive ones I have had on a car in many years they are also the easiest ones to keep clean.
I test drove one of the first ‘21’s to arrive last December when all that was available was the 19”. Salesman was pushing hard to buy, told him I couldn’t get past those ugly wheels and eventually waited til April when the 20” started showing up. Glad I did.

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Limited 2.5T AWD, 2015 Veloster
66 Posts
While I agree that the 20" Calligraphy wheels are very attractive and the 19" Limited wheels are butt ugly, I don't understand why no one is looking for after-market 19" wheels, especially if your Santa Fe came with decent tires. Much cheaper to just buy wheels and use the stock tires. Also, many have said the 19" tires give a much better ride than the 20's. The factory TPMS sensors can also be installed on your new wheels.
I'd be curious if what a dealer is going to charge for it a set of Calligraphy wheels.

·
Registered
826 Posts
As a suggestion, if you have a good wheel repair shop, you can canvas dealers that have ordered replacement wheels for those that have shown some delamination. A good wheel shop can repair and re-coat the wheels and I'm sure the dealer will be glad to get them off their hands.

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
144 Posts
While I agree that the 20" Calligraphy wheels are very attractive and the 19" Limited wheels are butt ugly, I don't understand why no one is looking for after-market 19" wheels, especially if your Santa Fe came with decent tires. Much cheaper to just buy wheels and use the stock tires. Also, many have said the 19" tires give a much better ride than the 20's. The factory TPMS sensors can also be installed on your new wheels.
I'd be curious if what a dealer is going to charge for it a set of Calligraphy wheels.
Good point. There’s also 19” Hyundai/Kia wheels from other models and years that would probably bolt right on. The “ugly” wheels that are removed would have value to someone somewhere who likes them or has a need because of damage etc. In that scenario it probably wouldn’t be too expensive to make the change.

·
Registered
6 Posts

It's possible Detroit Wheel And Tire or Midwest Wheel may have trade ins. They do swaps on tire and wheel packages IIRC.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts

Where are you located? I just picked up a '22 Calligraphy w/ 20" wheels today but believe it or not I like the 19's avail on the 2021 model. Would you like to exchange? Can do a very reasonable trade...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where are you located? I just picked up a '22 Calligraphy w/ 20" wheels today but believe it or not I like the 19's avail on the 2021 model. Would you like to exchange? Can do a very reasonable trade...
Still waiting on the damn car :-(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m also thinking I can just take my wife’s 21 calligraphy palisade and put the thing on bricks and put those tires on my vehicle…. She’ll never know.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts