Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just love the shark fin antenna from USA model. Would like to switch mine. Anyone know where I can get a US model part?

Thank you in advance.

·
22,793 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,816 Posts
I should get one of those ebay fins for my Gen Coupe. It has the crappiest rear window antenna I have ever seen.

Is the Elantra shark fin a good am/fm antenna?

·
Registered
289 Posts
OkieRich,

These do not fit on a Santa Fe sport as per the eBay item listing. Thanks for trying but I am trying to find the USA shark fin.
Just so you know the ebay "car compatibility" option is total bull crap and not always a good tool to use to see if an item is useable on your car. That fin should work

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just love the shark fin antenna from USA model. Would like to switch mine. Anyone know where I can get a US model part?

Thank you in advance.
Ottawa! That's my home town...anyway, I would just call a U.S dealer and have it shipped to your local Hyundai dealership.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ottawa! That's my home town...anyway, I would just call a U.S dealer and have it shipped to your local Hyundai dealership.
I guess this might be my only option. I don't really want to buy a fin made for another vehicle. I really want the Santa Fe sport fin... made for the Santa Fe sport.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
The shark fin antennas are usually not a radio antenna but GPS and XM.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
On my Genesis Coupe it is a grid on the back window. A very crappy design.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
yes the gen coupe has both. like I said the shark fin is usually just GPS and XM.

·
22,793 Posts
XM from the fin, AM/FM from the rear window grid. I haven't experienced any problems over two different Elantra's with reception quality. Only FM I listen to are the two sports talk channels in our area. Most of my ear time is spent tuned to the XM bands.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Banned
532 Posts
Sorry about the PQ on this, I'm not patient when it comes to filling in schematic's on line DWG's.

I don't have a 2013 HMC drawing, but this should give you an idea about how close the two are by comparing your unit to the attachment. You should note that if you have to replace the complete antenna unit to accommodate a fin type the headliner needs to be removed, that's a lot of work for a look ..... but then again isn't that what we look to forum's for ..... :eek:

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
OkieRich,

These do not fit on a Santa Fe sport as per the eBay item listing. Thanks for trying but I am trying to find the USA shark fin.
I fell for this trap also... as mentioned, it does not fit. I've seen the overseas models, and the south american model that have the shark fin... saw this on ebay - and the base of the shark fin version is about half as big (opening) as it needs to be.
Anyone was a plastic shark fin decoration, it's still sitting in my garage! $20 + shipping and it's yours!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts