Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't done a ton of research, but I did search the forums here. I was wondering if anyone has had any success with leather cleaning wipes of some sort. I have the leather interior, but I believe some of it is vinyl, or maybe plastic. I am just afraid of it out gassing and turning white. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have used the Armor All and Meguiars Leather wipes with no issues. I also used the Turtle Wax Ice interior cleaner a couple of times too and no issues so far. The Meguiars stuff is a bit greasy but no big deal (and I believe its is good for the leather) and I prefer to use something specific for leather rather than the 'general' stuff like the Turtle Wax Ice.

If you get the leather wipes (any brand) make sure to use some saran wrap or something as the wipes tend to dry out if you rely on the product packaging to keep the wipes moist.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've always used Lexol products and have never had any problems with my leather. I use the cleaner and conditioner. Use the cleaner with a horse or boar's hair interior brush and a little water on it, wipe off with a damp cloth and dry. After it's dry apply the conditioner and let it set for about 10 - 15 minutes and wipe off the excess and your good to go. I do this every month.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks guys. I definitely want to do a treatment every couple of months, but I just want something quick and easy in between.

·
22,788 Posts
Just bought the Griot's Leather conditioner. Advance Auto has a promotion: code P20 for 20% off. Did the seats last w/e. Doesn't take much. (read instructions on bottle) Use a soft pad, spread a little onto the pad, gently begin to wipe. Long story short: no residue has been seen anywhere, 5 days later. No staining, no oily or greasy residue, not shiney, nor dull. Nothing but natural looking panels and the unbelievable GREAT fragrance of showroom smelling leather. Like sticking your nose into a brand new $200 baseball mitt! WOW!

I heard great reviews on Allen's but needed to mail order it. Time was important, so that's why I chose Griot's, which also came "highly recommended." That bottle will last me forever at the rate they recommend applying it.

BTW, just went into the car to retrieve something, and there was that wonderful smell. Still there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts