Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a link or can share the electrical diagram for the following:

2014 Elantra OEM Blue Link only mirror - looking for pin out and where signals come from. (OEM schematic)

Hyundai 3X162-ADU00 Auto Dimming mirror installation instructions for this mirror:
https://www.hyundaiaccessories.com/accessories/2014/elantra/3x162-adu00/

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,277 Posts
This is the closest I have to the mirror in your link. This one doesn't seem to have the compass but I doubt that will make any difference to the wiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the closest I have to the mirror in your link. This one doesn't seem to have the compass but I doubt that will make any difference to the wiring.

Wow, that's different. I'll have take a look at that. Thanks!

I'd still love to find the Hyundai instructions to the exact mirror I linked to. I have a sneaky suspicion that if had the harness for that mirror, it would only require me to splice 1 wire (one wire!) to make my Hyundai Sonata mirror work....

Once I figure out all out I plan on posting a detailed write up on the topic. When I say detailed, I mean DETAILED. :grin2:

·
Registered
15,277 Posts
Does your mirror have a different connector to the diagram?

I'd expect all these mirrors to use the same connector and have the power supplies and ground on the same pin numbers on each so they are interchangeable. You should only really need to wire terminals 8 & 10 on the connector to make the mirror function. Terminal 9 is just to cancel the auto dimming function when you put the gearbox in reverse.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Does your mirror have a different connector to the diagram?

I'd expect all these mirrors to use the same connector and have the power supplies and ground on the same pin numbers on each so they are interchangeable. You should only really need to wire terminals 8 & 10 on the connector to make the mirror function. Terminal 9 is just to cancel the auto dimming function when you put the gearbox in reverse.
The OEM Blue Link connector uses the same physical connector but only 4 wires. The wires are are also labeled differently.

This is also odd because the harness from the car to the mirror has 6 wires, the mirror uses 4 wires and the new mirror uses 5 wires. :surprise:

I believe I know what going on, but want to confirm before I write this up and modify my harness.

The new mirror is calling for this:
PIN 3 is Blue Link OUT (-)
PIN 5 is Blue Link IN (+)
PIN 6 is 12vDC (Switched)
PIN 8 is Ground
PIN 10 is 12vDC (constant)

·
Registered
15,277 Posts
The new mirror is calling for this:
PIN 3 is Blue Link OUT (-)
PIN 5 is Blue Link IN (+)
PIN 6 is 12vDC (Switched)
PIN 8 is Ground
PIN 10 is 12vDC (constant)
I think you have the permanent and switched 12V power supplies the wrong way round.

We don't get blue link here in the UK. What does the blue link out & in on the mirror do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts