Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a bolt-on exhaust system for my 2010 accent because i only have two muffler shops around here and they did my exhaust on my f150 and was not impressed at all. I'd rather have a bolt on anyways so i could switch back to stock for whatever reason i had to. Any where online i can find some? Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Have you tried the dealership. I know they have them up here. Seen one on special here. Stainless steel dual outlet bolt-on, I think it was in the $380 plus tax range installed.

Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
You may also want to look into bloodninjas magnaflow exclusive mandrell exhaust system. Some searching should get you there pretty quick. A bunch of people have ripped his idea, as I will eventually.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (feeboo @ Aug 22 2010, 11:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351206
You may also want to look into bloodninjas magnaflow exclusive mandrell exhaust system. Some searching should get you there pretty quick. A bunch of people have ripped his idea, as I will eventually.
It wouldn't be bolt-on, but you could weld flange connectors onto each piece to make it quick disconnect

·
Registered
59 Posts
you could always just remove the muffler its fast easy a cost nothing 2 nuts 2 rubber hangers sounds pretty nice for not having a muffler unless yours is all welded i could post up some pics or even a clip of how it sounds if you like let me know ....

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (KEVONE87Hyundai09 @ Aug 22 2010, 10:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351231
you could always just remove the muffler its fast easy a cost nothing 2 nuts 2 rubber hangers sounds pretty nice for not having a muffler unless yours is all welded i could post up some pics or even a clip of how it sounds if you like let me know ....
... so he gets the sound of an aftermarket exhaust without the performance? That's kinda funny in a redneck kind of way.

Just remove the entire exhaust right at the headers and then you'll sound just like a V8. VROOM, VROOM! When you pull up to the line, you'll either scare your competition so they freeze or they don't move because they're too busy laughing their asses off. But in the immortal words of Vinnie the Diesel Train - it don't matter if it's an inch or a mile, winning's winning, am I right? VROOM!

·
Registered
59 Posts
QUOTE (Naky @ Aug 24 2010, 09:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351782
... so he gets the sound of an aftermarket exhaust without the performance? That's kinda funny in a redneck kind of way.

Just remove the entire exhaust right at the headers and then you'll sound just like a V8. VROOM, VROOM! When you pull up to the line, you'll either scare your competition so they freeze or they don't move because they're too busy laughing their asses off. But in the immortal words of Vinnie the Diesel Train - it don't matter if it's an inch or a mile, winning's winning, am I right? VROOM!

performs just fine if not better im not a redneck and i take offense to your comments wanna have an opinion fine but for just removing a muffler its not bad sounding at all kinda cheap i agree but not everyone can afford to buy what they want and honestly there is not much for accents so it only an option for a temp status for fun if you will vedio will be posted by tomorrow

·
Registered
810 Posts
Sorry you took offense to the comments, but removing the muffler has no performance increase at all and just makes your car louder and that is a kind of redneck-ish thing to do... which is just my opinion. I'm glad you like it though, since that's all that matters in the end.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
QUOTE (Naky @ Aug 25 2010, 12:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351794
Sorry you took offense to the comments, but removing the muffler has no performance increase at all and just makes your car louder and that is a kind of redneck-ish thing to do... which is just my opinion. I'm glad you like it though, since that's all that matters in the end.
Probably performs better than a simple axleback muffler, less restriction right? How good or bad sounding is subjective......

I cant imagine a simple bolt on exhaust (full catback) like I think the OP is asking about is anything more than a minimal performance increase, since it sounds like he would still be utilizing stock header and cats, which are usually the biggest restrictions on a stock exhaust.

If you go as far as adding headers and high flow cats to do a full exhaust system....you're looking at spending a few hundred, maybe getting close to 1k dollars for just a couple hp.

Just sayin.

·
Registered
810 Posts
QUOTE (omg grip @ Aug 25 2010, 11:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351905
Probably performs better than a simple axleback muffler, less restriction right? How good or bad sounding is subjective......
On a car with our power band, removing the muffler or not having one would give so little gains it wouldn't be noticeable. We're talking 1hp max and even that I doubt. Really, you might as well keep it on until you can afford a proper higher flow exhaust that'll actually give you true gains.

·
Registered
59 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOomBZzvMWU ok here it is sorry it took so long had some comp problems ..... this is not ment for performance never said it was i cant stand how quite my car is with my muffler on once again the cheap way for some sound cost you nothing only thing i was geting at in the first place and my car runs better with it off anyways here is the clip (no muffler only no other things are done )

·
Registered
49 Posts
Search 555carfreak on YouTube. That's my custom cat back straight pipe. With cai and whatnot. And kevone you need to lighten up dude

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QUOTE (KEVONE87Hyundai09 @ Aug 26 2010, 09:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352211
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOomBZzvMWU ok here it is sorry it took so long had some comp problems ..... this is not ment for performance never said it was i cant stand how quite my car is with my muffler on once again the cheap way for some sound cost you nothing only thing i was geting at in the first place and my car runs better with it off anyways here is the clip (no muffler only no other things are done )

I like it, i did it to mine, its something until i can afford a system(give it 3 more weeks xD)

·
1,565 Posts
This is a decent thread, let's not try and ruin it with name calling.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wait until you have a bit of money aside , and do it the right way...

Magnaflow has very good mufflers that sound great for our cars. By removing the muffler you can actually lose torque on our small engines. Unless of course they were turbo'd, then you will see a positive difference. It may "SOUND" fast... but thats just in your head. Not to mention your neighbors are probably gonna look at you crooked..

There's tons of internet sites about that... its worth to read up on it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
QUOTE (HyundaiSR @ Sep 24 2010, 08:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358590
Wait until you have a bit of money aside , and do it the right way...

Magnaflow has very good mufflers that sound great for our cars. By removing the muffler you can actually lose torque on our small engines. Unless of course they were turbod, then you will see a positive difference. It may "SOUND" fast... but thats just in your head. Not to mention your neighbors are probably gonna look at you crooked..

There's tons of internet sites about that... its worth to read up on it.

honestly i love maken my neighbors mad i think its funny i know that that there is no hp gain i know its only sound but not everybody can have the cool magnaflow set up which i would love to have it sounds great on our cars but removing the muffler is only a temp thing and its all in good fun i agree with you 100% its just a fast easy way to have some fun nobody expects to see our tiny cars when they here that roar its a head turner the looks on peoples faces are priceless thanks for your positve reply your a cool dude you got your point across without bein rude about it thanks for that well im out later everybody

1 - 20 of 36 Posts