Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a Hyundai of one sort or another, and had my eye on a 2017 Santa Fe. I try to do a lot of research before buying anything, and a lot of what I read, is people complaining about transmission problems, and hesitation to the point of being dangerous when needing to speed up.
I realize that most reviews are from people who have problems, and the ones who don't, rarely mention how good something is.
So my question is, are the complaints valid?
Other than a Santa Fe, I am looking at a 2016/17 Sonata and Tuscon, and this is another question I need answered. I am retiring soon, and plan on doing a lot of traveling, city, interstate, mountains etc, so for a comfortable ride, plus room to pack things I may buy on the various trips, and maybe the occasional ice and snow covered roads, which would be the best option. I have a few friends who have Sonatas and love them, and tell me they are very good on ice and snow.
Most of all it needs to be dependable. If there are any certain year models that have known problems that I should stay away from, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
843 Posts
We have been very happy with out 2014 Santa Fe, but it is the LWB version with the V6 and 6 speed transmission. We have had no issues other than an occasional infotainment system that freezes on the "agree screen". From some of the info that I have read on this forum is that an update to the system helps solve that issue. Ours has done really well in snow, but we also run winter tires. I have no experience with any other Hyundai's. Good luck in your decision process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I am going with the Sonata. I need to decide on going with a used one with 15-20 thousand miles for 14-15K, with a shorter warranty, or pay new price for the full warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts