Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Should I be worried about looking at a 2014 GT with a 6 speed? It only has 20k miles and the clutch currently feels fine on it.

I have seen on this forum that some people have been mentioning clutch issues with their Elantra GT's. It seems like some say the stock clutch isn't strong enough, some say the clutch has other issues.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mine went out at 39500 miles. No warning signs. Good one minute shifting normal, next minute won't go into gear. I drive 50/50 city/ highway. About half the city driving is "spirited" the other half conservative. Since getting a new clutch I removed the clutch delay valve. A lot of the Tiburon and genesis owners say it will increase the clutch life and make the clutch feel more traditional. I do like the new feel but only have 7000 mile on it since replacement so I can't vouch for added lifespan yet. With that being said I do love the car and even knowing about the clutch issues I would buy it again. If your mechanically incline and know how to replace a clutch I wouldn't worry about it. You can get a replacement clutch cheap online and the car has been easy to work on so far. If your not you can expect roughly an $1800 Bill for the dealer to replace it. I'm sure there are lots of owners who haven't had any issues with their clutches either but its unlikely you'll hear much from those guys since no news is good news. Either way good luck on your decision. Like I said before I love my egt.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
The clutch in my 14 still pulls strong.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The clutch on my '13 is fine, I have 70K miles on it (70% of that is highway).

The original clutch on my old honda divic is still fine too and I drove that from 90-180K. Now my sister has it and she's gotten it up to 200K, original clutch still running great.

I suppose I'm pretty easy on my clutches :-D

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
How many miles are on your GT?

It's nice hearing some people have not had any problems with theirs.

*** Are there any other common issues to look out for??

Not a GT, but Elantra Sport, which has the same motor/tranny. only 33K.

·
Registered
64 Posts
45k mostly freeway driving. Zero issues, still strong pulling

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '14 GT and almost 50k on it. After a recent snow/ice my clutch is now reaching the end of its life. Im currently looking into other Hyundai models with the M6CF3 transmission that have highly praised aftermarket clutches to see if there is a better option out there than OEM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts