Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here.

I have 3 Hyundai vehicles, two bought new in o6 and recently purchased 06 Elantra with 69k miles. Going through the car as the dealer had no inf on past service an timing belt, plugs and oil first. I looked on the internet Elantras for sale to see what the highest mileage obtained and still driving. So far 185k is the highest. If you have an 06 or there about with the 2.0 ltr motor that is high mileage and never had to do mechanical repairs to obtain driveability, will you please post. I have found a Kia Spectra, 05 where the owner had 235k and still ticking. He stated it was all without any assistance from a mechanic. I think that car has a 1.8 so not the same animal.

G

·
0 Posts
Elantra 2003, 249000km and ticking right. clutch slightly slip on 3 gear but ok. Engine oïl smell a bit gas. every oïl change i put about half of Lucas oïl.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Still driving my 2005 elantra everyday, engine is still running strong on original plugs, Change my oil when I think about it maybe every 20,000 miles or so. My timing belt slipped a few notches at 225,000 miles and car stopped running, Replaced the belt, recommended belt change is about 65,000 miles but I don't usually do anything until something is broken. I replaced two oxygen sensors and may have to replace the Cat. converter as I have Po420 code and a idle problem that seems temperature sensitive as it only appears after engine is warmed up. I have 313,000 miles on the engine so far and clutch started slipping two weeks ago. I am driving carefully now until I get the car smogged next month there is no sense in replacing the clutch. It has been a great engine, no oil leaks, not a drop, Last I checked it was still getting 37 miles to the gallon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts