Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
2011 with 46,000 miles. Still going strong, only a few recalls/repairs. No big deal!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Although I only have 10K on my '13, it has not had any issues, problems, or defects. At that mileage my 2011 GLS had already been in the shop several times under warranty. It had the dim radio display, sticky mirror position switch, and smelly HVAC system. I mention this because it appears Hyundai has been improving on the Sonata's issues.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Although I only have 10K on my '13, it has not had any issues, problems, or defects. At that mileage my 2011 GLS had already been in the shop several times under warranty. It had the dim radio display, sticky mirror position switch, and smelly HVAC system. I mention this because it appears Hyundai has been improving on the Sonata's issues.
My 2011 hasn't had many issues. Since I bought it, just the brake light switch recall. An HVAC issue where it blew only hot air.

·
Registered
223 Posts
7000 kms so far.. which is... 3k miles i think

·
Registered
137 Posts
2012 purchased May of 2013. 36,xxx miles and starting to have a lot of problem. Mostly electrical/computer.
Isn't electrical only covered under the 3 year / 36K part of Hyundai's warranty? Hope you bought the extended warranty.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited, 2019 Santa Fe SEL Plus, 2013 Santa Fe GLS
39 Posts
2011 SE 2.0T. Bought in Feb 2011. Just turned 17,700

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm currently at 274,000 Km / 170,000 miles , just had the engine replaced top / bottom. Same Turbo and tranny.

Issues outstanding.

- Stabilizer bar rattle
- A/C Doesn't hold charge.
- P0711 Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- P0449 Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve / Solenoid Circuit
- Backup Camera works randomly.
- Passenger Seat rattles/vibrates
- Deep low thud sound coming from rear over bumps. (sounds like a taxi cab with a million miles on it lol)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm approaching 45K.

On the plus side the local Toyota dealer mailed me a first month's voucher, up to 500 clams, and a trade in voucher, up to 8,760 simoleons, if I act withen seven days.

The clock is tickin', eh?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Last winter the oem battery bit the dust.

About this time last year before the 5 yr warranty was kaput I had the little rubber steering washer replaced. I noticed the slack 'round the mid-high 20K. One must pull a ton of junk off the dash/steering for that little spacer.

I just replaced the rubber at 44K a couple of months ago.

My first radio preset button is stuck again.

Even though I'm the only driver there's a 1" spot on outside of me seat where the leather wishes to seperate at the seam.

Other than that gas, oil & filters. I'll probably need to change windshield wipers before long.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts