Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I use another car, I noticed I have not been using Santa Fe much for the past two months. Maybe one a week for 5 to 10km. Is there any drawback to doing this?

Or should I use it for a long drive once a while? I googled about this and generally people were saying it is not good for the engines and should be used for long drive once in a while

·
Registered
759 Posts
It's not good....especially with a new car during the break in period. Drive the SFS for at least two days a week... In my opinion.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has been broken already I assume since it has passed 7000 miles. I am noticing the vibration on idle is getting more rough and at the same time reading some info on the net, makes me think I should bring this car for a 800km long drive

·
Registered
474 Posts
Rotate it equally with your other car. Any vehicle needs to "stretch" its legs on a regular basis. Helps to blow out the cob webs ( carbon) from slow speed or no runs, helps boil off any moisture in the crank case, keeps fresh fuel running through the system.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Drive it!!!

GDi engines are more prone to build-up, mainly on valves. Accents' 1.6 seem to not like this situation at all. Use marine* sta-bil or other if not driving much.

*cheaper, and there all the same.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Good Advice from all. Drive it. Car's/SUV's are not cheaper anymore. They should be used if you have spent money to purchase one.

I can see you doing that one if you are leasing, maybe. Even so most should buy enough of a lease to where the vehicle can be driven on a regular basis.

I have an old sayin. "Leave it on the lot if you're not going to drive it". A use car salesman however will loves you if you don't. They are sitting waiting on someone to come in with a low mileage vehicle only to take home to use for their own personal needs, then turn around and selling it for top dollar. I donate to the needed, not the greedy, meaning that I drive what I buy:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I plan on mixing up the driving between my SF and Elantra. I don't like having the engine not run for too long a stretch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts