Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Santa Fe Sport and was wondering, why my doors do not lock by themselves when I exit the Sport... Even if the key bob is in the house the doors are still unlocked, unless I activate the remote door lock. Our Lexus and Pathfinder auto lock when you walk away from the vehicle. I have walked away from this vehicle so many times thinking the doors were locked.

Do I have some option set wrong ??:confused:

·
2,258 Posts
did you give it some time? my rogue auto locks after 15 mins.

i prefer my car's with as less of these "conveniences" as possible.
ill lock/unlock my car myself.
ill turn my wipers on myself
ill turn my headlights on myself
ill move my own seat, quit scooting back & forth lol
ill raise & lower my own volume depending on my driving
ill move my mirrors how i want them, versus them dropping when im in "R".

etc

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have a 2013 Santa Fe Sport and was wondering, why my doors do not lock by themselves when I exit the Sport... Even if the key bob is in the house the doors are still unlocked, unless I activate the remote door lock. Our Lexus and Pathfinder auto lock when you walk away from the vehicle. I have walked away from this vehicle so many times thinking the doors were locked.

Do I have some option set wrong ??:confused:
Obviously you have the proximity key. You can't have the doors lock on their own when you leave the vehicle, but you can change a setting so that the all you have to do is touch the door handle when you exit and it will lock all the doors.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have the SFS with Prox Key... And to my knowledge there is no such option.
You can choose whether or not to have the doors lock or not lock when the car goes in and out of "Park", and the only other thing that happens (with all recent Hyundais) is if you unlock your doors with the keyfob, but don't open any of the doors within 30 seconds the doors will automatically re-lock.

I know that when leaving the SFS while running and you walk out with the keys it beeps for 3 seconds to warn you.... But no auto lock when it's shut off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can choose whether or not to have the doors lock or not lock when the car goes in and out of "Park", and the only other thing that happens (with all recent Hyundais) is if you unlock your doors with the keyfob, but don't open any of the doors within 30 seconds the doors will automatically re-lock.

I know that when leaving the SFS while running and you walk out with the keys it beeps for 3 seconds to warn you.... But no auto lock when it's shut off.
I do know that the doors do lock when the SFS goes into drive, all I was wanting was the SFS to lock when you exited the SFS by it self without having to use the key bob. I guess I will read the service manual Hyundai Santa Fe: User Settings Mode - LCD display - Features of your vehicle - Hyundai Santa Fe DM 2013-2013 Owner's Manual

·
Registered
237 Posts

Maybe it is only an option on the SF Limited, but I have it and use it every day. I had to change it in the settings, but when I get out of the car I simply press the button on the door handle and it locks all the doors.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Actually, it is right there in the SF manual:

"Doors can be locked and unlocked pressing the button of the outside door handle with the smart key in your possession."

If you have a smart key, then you have the ability to do this.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Actually, it is right there in the SF manual:

"Doors can be locked and unlocked pressing the button of the outside door handle with the smart key in your possession."

If you have a smart key, then you have the ability to do this.
Yea I do this all the time. Press once to unlock driver's door, and double press (similar to double click on computer mouse) to unlock all doors. and I just use Blue Link to lock doors when I'm in question whether I locked my car or not from a far distance.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I do know that the doors do lock when the SFS goes into drive, all I was wanting was the SFS to lock when you exited the SFS by it self without having to use the key bob.
Yes I understand... just thought I'd toss that out there....

Anyway - as others have mentioned the button on the handle works perfectly - as I also use it. As far as a touchless/sensorless option - don't think so.

·
Registered
304 Posts
When I bought my Elantra with push button start, I was surprised that the doors didn't unlock when you get close to the car. When exiting the car I have to wait for my wife to get out of her side of the car and then push the button on the handle to lock the door.

Would have been much nicer to have the car lock by itself when walking away. I did change the system so I only have to push the outside button once to unlock all doors instead of having to push the button twice.

Can't figure out how the engineers missed this feature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2017 Elantra Limited Door Lock Automation

Automation! Always designed to help us humans. Sometimes successful.

Auto door locking while walking away appears to have a few subtle operating modes. Basically, if you park, stop the car, open the driver’s door and get out –and close the door within a few seconds –the doors will automatically lock as you walk away. The ‘few seconds’ and how long after the door is closed when it locks is not precisely known. If the car is in the garage under this condition, it appears every time the key FOB is brought near the car it will cause the car to ‘annunciate ‘it is locked. And it really is. So, being a locked car, it will flash the lights, and open the auto unlock trunk (if equipped) (if the FOB is brought close).

However, IF you park, stop the car, open the driver’s door ---and leave it open for a ‘short while’ –then close it and walk away, the car will remain unlocked. If the car is in the garage under this condition, and the key FOB is brought near, nothing happens. The car really is unlocked. A ‘short while ‘seems to be approximately 30 seconds.

See if this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts