Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone found the place where the sounds is coming from when you lock/unlock the vehicle. I hear it in the engine bay some where up by the grill. Post a pic if you find it. Thanks!

·
Registered
622 Posts
has anyone found the place where the sounds is coming from when you lock/unlock the vehicle. I hear it in the engine bay some where up by the grill. Post a pic if you find it. Thanks!
Most of those sounds come from the front driver fender.

·
Registered
263 Posts
This is a funny question. To be honest I don't know where it comes from but I'm curious as to why you care? Is something wrong with it or does it annoy you?

·
Registered
147 Posts
On my 2011 SF and other cars it was a short beep of the horn to indicate the engaging of the locks...the sound was firm and positive with sufficient volume to hear at a distance. The sound on the 2103 SF is lame by comparison. As a scenario, if I am in the house and want to double check that my car is locked I used to be able to press the lock button and I could hear the sound from inside the house, not the case with the 2013 SF. I have to go outside to hear the tender meep.

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Registered
163 Posts
On my 2011 SF and other cars it was a short beep of the horn to indicate the engaging of the locks...the sound was firm and positive with sufficient volume to hear at a distance. The sound on the 2103 SF is lame by comparison. As a scenario, if I am in the house and want to double check that my car is locked I used to be able to press the lock button and I could hear the sound from inside the house, not the case with the 2013 SF. I have to go outside to hear the tender meep.

Cheers,
Jeff
Funny, I actually think the opposite. My previous car would use the actual horn to indicate locked... so when I lived in an apartment complex which had parking right next to apartments and I'd lock my car at 2am, it would honk loudly. I always felt bad for the folks on that first floor unit.

Although I now have a house with a private garage, I am very happy that the Santa Fe uses chirps instead.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Aaaa haaa...that's where you are you little blue link, right side of the battery. I put a piece of foam over it and it's much quieter, just a personal thing.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
"...it's a personal thing"

100% correct. I would just like the option to set mine to trip a short burst to the standard horn.

Cheers
Jeff

·
Registered
289 Posts
Anyone know if you can enable a confirmation beep after locking our cars remotely then locking it again? My optima sx had that ability and could be turned on and off. I skimmed the manual but came up empty handed. Currently it chimes when I lock it but not a beep from the low tone horns

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts