Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
The are usually located on the rad support or down around the impact bar. If you know what they look like you should be able to find it.
The one below is an elantra.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I forgot to mention I am looking for the location on the 2001 Elantra. I'll check around there tomorrow.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,278 Posts
Can anyone please tell me the locations of the front airbag sensors?
IF your 2001 model has an external front impact sensor it will be here.....

There are also side impact sensors mounted on the 'B' pillars. That's the part of the car body between the front & rear doors.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not find the right front impact sensors. I looked beneath the fender at the area above the wheel and toward the front of the vehicle and I could not spot it there; could it possible be further back? I also looked around the radiator support extensively and couldn't spot it. I did not get a good look at the bottom of the rad support, but I felt around there.

Also, what is the green connector in the middle of this picture meant for?

Attachments

·
Registered
15,278 Posts
I did not find the right front impact sensors.
I don't think I can make it's location any clearer short of flying over and physically pointing to it on your car. Of course, your 2001 model might not have one to find.

Why are you trying to find it? Do you have a trouble code that your trying to diagnose. Maybe if you tell us the full story we could offer better advice.

Ze Jay said:
My guess would be it's for the alarm hood switch, which is usually located behind the PAS fluid bottle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think I can make it's location any clearer short of flying over and physically pointing to it on your car. Of course, your 2001 model might not have one to find.

Why are you trying to find it? Do you have a trouble code that your trying to diagnose. Maybe if you tell us the full story we could offer better advice.

My guess would be it's for the alarm hood switch, which is usually located behind the PAS fluid bottle.
It did not have a sensor in the location that your picture indicated.

You could answer the first question I posed regarding it's possible location behind the fender.

Yes, the airbag light is on and I would like to check for corrosion on the sensors. Even if this is not the cause of my issue, I would like to know where they are located and if they need to be cleaned.

·
Registered
15,278 Posts
Well, you don't have one then. I did already point out that not all models do.

Ze Jay said:
Yes, the airbag light is on
You'll find the problem is a lot easier to fix if you go have the SRS scanned and just diagnose the trouble code.

Then you will need to go back and have the trouble code erased once you've fixed the problem. On Hyundai cars SRS trouble codes don't automatically erase once the fault has been fixed.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hate to be "Mr Obvious" here,,,,,,,,,

Hot off the "trusty" Hyundai Tech Info site using my Hyundai login.......

ETM does not reflect a "FIS" being used with this chassis...

SRS light illuminated,, lets scan SRSCM and see which circuit the module see to have fault...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
IF your 2001 model has an external front impact sensor it will be here.....

There are also side impact sensors mounted on the 'B' pillars. That's the part of the car body between the front & rear doors.
I only show FIS being valid on 2004, 2005, 2006 with USA model XD Elantra on Hyundai Tech Info,, so your pic is only good for 4/5/6 model here

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Pic seems to denote that of possible UD/MD Elantra ?

Hot off Hyundai Tech Info - UD/MD Elantra FIS

My bad. His is 2001 not 2011. It would appear he's looking for something that doesn't exist on that platform.

Oh well....

·
Registered
15,278 Posts
I only show FIS being valid on 2004, 2005, 2006 with USA model XD Elantra on Hyundai Tech Info,, so your pic is only good for 4/5/6 model here
Yeah, that's why I said "IF your 2001 model...." then "your 2001 model might not have one to find."

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,577 Posts
You sent the guy down a rabbit hole.
Who said if you don't know then don't say anything?
Just saying that it is okay to be wrong
And it isn't the same as telling lies

(see it might help someone else who just happens to be looking and have that model)

I did not find the right front impact sensors. I looked beneath the fender at the area above the wheel and toward the front of the vehicle and I could not spot it there; could it possible be further back? I also looked around the radiator support extensively and couldn't spot it. I did not get a good look at the bottom of the rad support, but I felt around there.

From the Haynes manual ...
The SRS system has an impact sensor and a safing sensor, a self-diagnosis circuit and a back up power circuit.
All located under the center console.
An air bag assembly in the center of the steering wheel
And a second air bag assembly located at the top of dash above the glove box.

That green connector, which is next to the power steering reservoir,
That is for the hood pin .. to detect if the hood is open.
Yours doesn't seem to be used

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, you don't have one then. I did already point out that not all models do.

You'll find the problem is a lot easier to fix if you go have the SRS scanned and just diagnose the trouble code.

Then you will need to go back and have the trouble code erased once you've fixed the problem. On Hyundai cars SRS trouble codes don't automatically erase once the fault has been fixed.

Your "external" qualification confused me; I did not take that to mean no front impact sensors would be located anywhere in the areas I was looking. Thanks for the help.

Hate to be "Mr Obvious" here,,,,,,,,,

Hot off the "trusty" Hyundai Tech Info site using my Hyundai login.......

ETM does not reflect a "FIS" being used with this chassis...

SRS light illuminated,, lets scan SRSCM and see which circuit the module see to have fault...

Thanks a lot!

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
You sent the guy down a rabbit hole.

He never told me the MY until after I posted that picture and it didn't send him down any rabbit hole or cost him wasted time.
You waste peoples time and money and those are rabbit holes.

Who said if you don't know then don't say anything?
Just saying that it is okay to be wrong
And it isn't the same as telling lies

You are an idiot.

(see it might help someone else who just happens to be looking and have that model)

From the Haynes manual ...
The SRS system has an impact sensor and a safing sensor, a self-diagnosis circuit and a back up power circuit.
All located under the center console.
An air bag assembly in the center of the steering wheel
And a second air bag assembly located at the top of dash above the glove box.

That green connector, which is next to the power steering reservoir,
That is for the hood pin .. to detect if the hood is open.
Yours doesn't seem to be used
You don't want to start a fight with me.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts

You could answer the first question I posed regarding it's possible location behind the fender.

Yes, the airbag light is on and I would like to check for corrosion on the sensors. Even if this is not the cause of my issue, I would like to know where they are located and if they need to be cleaned.
If you get a vehicle with an SRS system you will want to get informed before you start looking for corrosion and messing with the system. You could cost yourself a bunch of money and possibly get hurt of killed.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,577 Posts
He never told me the MY until after I posted that picture and it didn't send him down any rabbit hole or cost him wasted time.
You waste peoples time and money and those are rabbit holes.

You're just giving excuses.
He wasted his time looking for what you told him where the impact sensor would be

You are an idiot.

Back to being a child and name calling

You don't want to start a fight with me.
You're right. I want nothing to do with you.
So stop commenting on my posts and I will do the same.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts