Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the fluid in the diff (Mobil 1 75w90), and drained and filled transmission (OEM fluid), and went to do the transfer case but held off for two reasons.

1. there appears be a leak out of the transfer case, and I JUST had it into the dealer for a checkup and they didn’t even notice. I’m going to take it back in and demand they fix the leak and service the fluid on warranty (~36k).

2. the fill plug does not appear to be on the side (facing passenger side) per the multiple videos on YouTube and in the shop manual I got on nicoclub. It appears that it’s rear facing close to where the prop shaft goes into the transfer case.

I guess I’m curious if anyone else can confirm? The place where the vids have shown it looks blank on my transfer case (the circular area is present, but there’s no plug). Also there are exhaust pipes in the way which were not present in the YouTube videos and shop manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I tried to do mine also and the plug was in the back. But, the bolt is on so tight that I can't remove it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, me too. The bolts for. Both the transfer case n rear axle are so tight I couldn’t remove the. Does anyone know how they figure out to loosen the fill bolts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I had a long trip to go on and just got back. Unfortunately I had to run with the original fluid for the trip. I'll be continuing my adventure in the next few weekends. I'm glad I'm not alone in this. The fill plug in the Youtube's look pretty good, but tough to get to on these AWD models. Unfortunately the rear-facing one isn't much or any better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts