Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 accent. Does anyone have a pic of the location if the camshaft sensor? Someone had pics on the forum, but the links are broken. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Been having issues with stalling. After driving for about 30 minutes, it stalls. Last April while on vacation, the timing belt broke. Towed it to a mechanic where it was replaced. He said as long as it started, there was no engine damage. After driving off, there was little acceleration and the engine light came on. Took it back, and the code reader came up with P0016. They did something, cleared the code, and the car has been okay.
Fast forward to last month. Car began to vibrate loudly while idling in drive. At one point while I was out, the car died at a red light. No codes. After a little while resting it started up and I drove home. Figured it was time to change spark plugs. There was oil in the 4th spark plug well, so my brother replaced the head gaskets and O rings. Stalled again 3 times a day later again no codes. Google searches turned up possible causes. The crankshaft and camshaft sensors. Replaced the crankshaft sensor 2 days ago, doing the camshaft sensor today. I'm praying it fixes the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts