Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife's car shut off, then restarted a little later, driving fine, etc.
Changed the crankshaft positioning sensor (that's what came up on the code reader). The code cleared, until the next start, and then the check engine light came on, Got another sensor (it looked slightly different, so I didn't install it--Rock Auto acknowledged they sent the wrong sensor in the wrong box the second time) Tried a third sensor--after replacing it, the reader said the error was the CAMshaft sensor. It cleared again, car starts fine.
My questions are: could I have gotten the wrong sensor delivered by accident;
Do they look/fit exactly the same?
Most importantly, where exactly are the 2 sensors located on the 07 Elantra, so I know I'm putting the right sensor in the right place. Could I screw something up driving it if that's the case, or would the car not even start?
Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,118 Posts
The cam sensor will be high up in the engine, on the cylinder head where the cam shaft lives.
The crank sensor will be down low on the engine, on the cylinder block where the crank shaft lives.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crankshaft/camshaft sensors

would the car run okay if the wrong sensor was replaced? Now I think I replaced the crankshaft sensor where the camshaft sensor was.

Do you have a diagram where the crankshaft sensor is located?
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts