Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have one very rare LKAS chip from South Korea for sale. It works with any Hyundai that has LKAS (Lane Keep Assist) I got it as a development sample for another project. I'm asking $500 for it. Other than me and my colleague there is only this one - And my spare that I can't give away. Are the only ones here in the U.S.

If you want your car to keep you centered in the lane and the "Keep Hands On Steering Wheel" alert to automatically be gone.

This is for you.

There is only the one I'm selling. If you want it contact me @: NorthDe[email protected]

$500 + $7 Priority Flat Rate USPS.

Here is all I could find as an example on some Korean site:
??-LKAS ???? ??diy :: 40?? ??? ???

There is a Youtube vid showing it's operation here in a Genesis:

https://youtu.be/4O2OzRDYyfQ

·
Registered
657 Posts
It is definitely cool mod but do you really think anybody in his/her right mind will buy this?
What is software fails and you or those you hit end up in hospital or morgue? You will be sued and your grandchildren will continue to pay support to those you hit as this is absolutely unauthorized mod. Even if Hyundai owner gave it to you...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Why would you be driving without your hands on the steering wheel? If it was a fully autonomous car i could see. But the Elantra is not. So not having your hands on the wheel is asking for trouble when something unexpected happens.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would you be driving without your hands on the steering wheel? If it was a fully autonomous car i could see. But the Elantra is not. So not having your hands on the wheel is asking for trouble when something unexpected happens.

You are correct. The chip is supposed to beep with LKAS integrity loss.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
My lane keep assist is as simple as me paying attention while I drive... I just saved how many thousand dollar on an assist system...

Kinda sound like "save 15% with 15 minutes at Geico"...

Reactions: tc0566 and Gerard 2

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you managed to sell it? Are you able to get firmware update for it to run the latest?
I have a 2019 Kona (not ev), and the nag is annoying, but I wouldn't pay 500 bucks for getting rid of it, especially if it's older firmware...

·
Registered
3 Posts
you don't need at 500 dollar ship for that, all you need is to jump the sensor on the steering wheel

but you do at you on risk

·
Registered
409 Posts
Even if I did have a car with autopilot theres no way I would keep my hands off the steering wheel for any amount of time or no look at the road.

With that said, LKAS is pretty fun and the warning is annoying. And honestly we might not think much about it but it is a life saving feature as far I am concerned.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Even if I did have a car with autopilot theres no way I would keep my hands off the steering wheel for any amount of time or no look at the road.

With that said, LKAS is pretty fun and the warning is annoying. And honestly we might not think much about it but it is a life saving feature as far I am concerned.

lol, that actually reminds me last year we were 4 people coming back home after a long day at a ski resort - we were dead tired, the commute home was 40 mins, half of it I was asleep :D
Only woke up to LKA and other beeps to re-align the car with the road.. and dozed back :)
I actually think that this "keep hands on steering wheel" alert which turns off LKAS is deadly dangerous, I'd rather it stays on, it is safer than shutting down while I am asleep, especially if I didnt wake up to the warning..

·
Registered
1 Posts
you don't need at 500 dollar ship for that, all you need is to jump the sensor on the steering wheel

but you do at you on risk
How to do this? where is the sensor that I need to jump? Have you done it? can show a picture where it is?
Did you get an answer on this how to do?
I drive a lot in traffic jam witch adaptive cruise controll, very slow, holding my hands on the steering wheel, steering is not necessary but the message "keep hands on steering wheel" every 10 seconds appear, it makes me crazy.

Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts