Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should the Lane Keep Assist automatically be on everytime I start my Santa Fe? I have tried turning it off in the settings, turning it off using the button to the right of the steering wheel and making sure my driver settings are switched to off, yet everytime I start my car it is active. I find this really frustrating as I don't want it on all the time. If it is on by default, what is the point of the menu in the settings for it when it can be switched off using the button?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not how it works for me. I have it switched on in settings & use the button to left of the steering wheel to turn it on and off (evidenced by the "car in the lane" indicator).

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,578 Posts
Open the settings menu for LKA and set it to off. While watching the settings screen toggle the dash button on and off. You’ll see the settings change. Works for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi both. Thanks for your messages. I know how to turn it to off, both on the settings screen and the button to the right of the steering wheel. What I want to know is should it stay off the next time I start the car or is the default to return to on?

·
Registered
19 SF Limited AWD 2.4
306 Posts
Hi both. Thanks for your messages. I know how to turn it to off, both on the settings screen and the button to the right of the steering wheel. What I want to know is should it stay off the next time I start the car or is the default to return to on?
I use the button to the (LEFT) of steering wheel to turn it off and it stays off, eg around town. I only use it for longer day trip freeway drives of > 40 miles. Note this is a USA Minnesota Santa Fe, other worldwide vehicles or laws may do it different.....

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Set the LKA menu setting to OFF. That should keep it off UNLESS you turn it on with the dash button. That’s how mine works. It only comes alive if you turn it on with the dash button. Keep the menu set to off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Accoring to the Owners Quick guide: The switch on the dash (low and left of steering wheel), turns it on and off. It works only above 38 mph and when the LKA is green in the dash display (that means there is enough visibility of the lane boundary lines). Then it says "refer to the owners manual for more details".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Set the LKA menu setting to OFF. That should keep it off UNLESS you turn it on with the dash button. That’s how mine works. It only comes alive if you turn it on with the dash button. Keep the menu set to off.
Thanks. That's what I thought it should do but mine switches itself back on when I restart the car. Unless it's different for the UK...

·
Registered
19 SF Limited AWD 2.4
306 Posts
I found a great reason to turn LKA off (later on again) using the switch button to the left of the steering wheel. Went through two 10+ miles freeway construction putting us down to a two lane road puts each lane with right vehicle wheels on top of the white painted line and the LKA beeping was going nuts. So off it goes, then back on for the 70 mi "autobahn" drive past Tomah WI to the south. Quite handy to just use one switch for LKA which I only use on long freeway trips.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thanks. That's what I thought it should do but mine switches itself back on when I restart the car. Unless it's different for the UK...
It seems to me that yours is not operating correctly, assuming you followed my post #6 above.

·
Registered
Ioniq
1 Posts
Should the Lane Keep Assist automatically be on everytime I start my Santa Fe? I have tried turning it off in the settings, turning it off using the button to the right of the steering wheel and making sure my driver settings are switched to off, yet everytime I start my car it is active. I find this really frustrating as I don't want it on all the time. If it is on by default, what is the point of the menu in the settings for it when it can be switched off using the button?
Apparently in the UK Hyundai have made LKA default to being ON when starting the car to comply with an EU Directive

·
Registered
178 Posts
I found a great reason to turn LKA off (later on again) using the switch button to the left of the steering wheel. Went through two 10+ miles freeway construction putting us down to a two lane road puts each lane with right vehicle wheels on top of the white painted line and the LKA beeping was going nuts. So off it goes, then back on for the 70 mi "autobahn" drive past Tomah WI to the south. Quite handy to just use one switch for LKA which I only use on long freeway trips.
Careful, troopers love to hang out around the hill between Sparta and Tomah 😉

1 - 12 of 12 Posts