Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car starts fine but It idles ''good'' or "ok" with a little roughness. it is so slight that you can barely feel it but it's there. the problem starts when I drive:
taking off on first seems fine until I reach inbetween 2000rpm and 2500 rpm, it seems to almost stall or the gas cuts off, then comes back,
then in second gear it does the same
3rd same but not as often-random
4th^^
5th^^
most of the time the problem happens sometimes it doesn't
it has been happening recently
it usually occurs in first gear and in second and when im not accelerating
the engine light came on also, but I haven't got the code (will tomorrow)
I think it might be the throttle position sensor TPS but I don't want to buy it if that is not the problem

also I was doing some research on how much the TPS costs and I see prices ranging from 25 online(partsgeek.com) to 55 online(partsgeek.com) and if I don't want to buy it online it's 45 at autozone (only option)
If I buy it online should I go for the cheaper price at 25 (Standard Motor Products Throttle Position Sensor)
or for 35 I think the same product as before but covered for 5 years or 50,000 miles.
there is also beck arnley, mtc, and auto 7 (all the name of the brands) with similar price range of 30-38 dollars
and then there is Bosch that costs 58 dollars
I don't want to jump into conclusions that the problem is the TPS but just incase it is these are my options

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
actually the 25 dollar one comes out to 35 because of shipping costs but I haven't bought it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i scanned my car with my obd 2 scanner and i got the code p0102 but after trying to look for the code i couldnt find it on the hyundai service website. i was wondering if any one knows of this code would tell me what it is and where i could find it. i was checking to see if there was a pull down menu to directly look for codes but i couldnt find it either. now im going to check google to see if i could find it

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well after googleling my problem i found out that it has to do with my maf sensor. funny thing is i just replaced it not to long ago. i reset the code but i will see if it comes back on again after the next time i drive it. i dont really have any engine problems with my car (no loss or lack of power) other than what i describe earlier but i really think it has to do with tps and not the maf but i dont know why p0102 would come on. any helpful feed back would be nice or if anyone else has/had this problem before

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
take out your MAF sensor and do a little inspection....o-rings, maybe its getting blocked with something? an intake leak can cause these problems as well....but usually misfires too....can't say always though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i replaced my throttle positioning sensor and it improved a lot but im still getting some of the symptoms as before usually around 2800-3000rpm. im going to reset the code and check the maf censor also. im going to clean it to see if it's dirty then check the wiring to see if i have a bad ground or a short somewhere in the wiring. does anyone have a diagram of the MAF sensor. does anyone know if this sensor shares its ground with another sensor? and also does anyone know the voltage i should be getting?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts