Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got 30% Pinnicle tints, rust proof, paint protection, leather guard done.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya but I wanted it to look slightly darker

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Nice, the HSH should come tinted. Looks good.
I don't understand why at least the Premium/Ultimate/Limited ones don't come tinted as most all SUV's do. :mad:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just got 30% Pinnicle tints, rust proof, paint protection, leather guard done.
You mention rust proof? We purchased that 2 years ago when we bought the car, but they refunded the money because, we were told, the hybrid couldn't be rust proofed.

There were comments about color coded wiring that could create hazards for repairmen if they accidentally came in contact with the wrong one. There was also mention that the warranty would be voided.

If they now have an acceptable process, I'd like to hear what it is so my local dealership could do a follow-up.

Thanks, Barry

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
honestly the tinting place i did it at has lifetime warranty for all the protection along with tint. if anything happens they will be the one i go to. plus i've sent many cars to them in the past since i get jobber price so i am not worried.

the dealership did offer me rust proof and i know how dealership works in terms of these, therefore i am not scared at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hope you don't have any issues with the rust proofing product. Hyundai Corporation worldwide will not warranty any failed parts.cables etc if they are swelled/deteriorated by the rust proofing chemical. I've read the TSB's from Europe, USA and Canada and they clearly state not to apply rust proofing products or an electronic rust proofing device to these vehicles.
All car companies producing and selling Hybrids have a similar TSB warning not to rust proof their vehicles.

Until one of the companies that produce and market the rust proofing products do some long term testing of their product on a Hybrid vehicle to dispel the the warnings (and voided warranty) as stated by the car manufacturers we will have to go without.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that is why I told my place to stay away from rubbers and wiring, they sprayed on metals only

·
Registered
400 Posts
I don't understand why at least the Premium/Ultimate/Limited ones don't come tinted as most all SUV's do. :mad:
Tinting is illegal in many states on passenger vehicles. In PA, I think the factory 'tint' is at the state maximum all around for passenger vehicles. SUV and Van's have different regulations on rear and rear side windows so that's allowed in PA since they're considered 'trucks'. Many people still do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE:"that is why I told my place to stay away from rubbers and wiring, they sprayed on metals only"

Doesn't matter FU1...all the spray on products other than ZEIBART are designed to creep and seep so it will eventually coat your rubber, wiring and electrical connectors, If you have any issues with any related components you can be sure the warranty on them will be null and void.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts