Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one know what the little blue light is next to the glasses holder just pick up my 11 sonata today havn't had time to look in book

·
Registered
650 Posts
ambient lighting. just gives the car a nice blue glow at night.

All high end cars have it. for ex. BMW uses red ambient lighting throughout their cars.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Pardon the pun, I couldn't resist. It is Accent lighting! Tee hee hee :beer:

·
Banned
630 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
i heard it was to give some additional lighting to the cupholder area, but the ammount of light given is nothing compared to the dash, radio and climate control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess I'm a little late to this conversation, but that ambient lighting is frustrating to me. I look up and see that it is illuminated but I can't see any any ambient lighting from it, even when I turn the dash and radio lights as dim as they can possibly go. Has anyone tried to replace the stock led light with something a little brighter or more effective.

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (metroo9 @ Apr 6 2011, 09:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=426904
I guess I'm a little late to this conversation, but that ambient lighting is frustrating to me. I look up and see that it is illuminated but I can't see any any ambient lighting from it, even when I turn the dash and radio lights as dim as they can possibly go. Has anyone tried to replace the stock led light with something a little brighter or more effective.
I'm wondering the same thing. The thing is so darn dim, it doesn't do anything. My Dad has an 07 Civic Si and the orange light in his (same spot-up by the sunroof switch) is a helluvalot brighter.

·
Registered
397 Posts
There's a topic in here titled "Led Interior" that may help you answer that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It does do something, granted not much. Try covering it up at night with your finger, look at your cup holder area, then take your finger off the light and see the difference. There is a difference, just not a huge one.

·
Registered
650 Posts
QUOTE (SloRacer @ Apr 6 2011, 11:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=426975
It does do something, granted not much. Try covering it up at night with your finger, look at your cup holder area, then take your finger off the light and see the difference. There is a difference, just not a huge one.

Correct if I'm not mistaken this light is on ALL the time. At night go in a completely dark area. Turn off lights, durn off Nav display if you have one. Cover the light with your finger and remove fingure and I think you'd be surprised on how much light that gives with everything off. Of course with everything on you won't notice much but there's light hitting that area.

·
Registered
143 Posts
QUOTE (metroo9 @ Apr 6 2011, 08:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=426904
I think replacing this LED might be even more annoying than a dim light. A bright LED up there is going to be in your peripheral vision, and I think it would become quite bothersom (at least for me).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts