Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( $1100:(

·
Registered
34 Posts

Only 1100 ?

My Elantra got "rubbed" in a parking lot.
The rear bumper on the driver side medium amount of paint damage (no actual damage to the car) and two small scratches to the adjoining side pannel..

I was quoted 1500-1800 (thankfully the girl who did it left a note with her name and number.. no insurance hit for me).

·
Registered
17 Posts
That sucks man! I just got my GT back from a Ford body shop a few days ago which actually did an amazing job. I had damage on both passenger doors, front and rear quarter panel. Ended up being $6,500.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Whats the problem? Just buff it out like suggested... Gives the car character. ;)

Sucks man, hope you get 'er back in shape soon.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That sucks man! I just got my GT back from a Ford body shop a few days ago which actually did an amazing job. I had damage on both passenger doors, front and rear quarter panel. Ended up being $6,500.
wooo thats an expensive fix, hopefully insurance covered some or all :eek: 1/3 of the price of the car..

·
22,788 Posts
Altostratus: Hate seeing that. I know you're sick to your stomach. Walk out, that the first thing you're going to see. Get out of the car, it's the first thing you're going to see. As soon as the repairs are made, you'll feel a whole sight better. Until then, a couple of teaspoons of Maalox might help with the nauseous feeling in pit of your stomach.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The girl that left her name and number on your vehicle after hitting it is truly a terrific girl who was raised right. Most would of just kept going. I'd be sending her a dinner gift card just to recognize her honesty. I know it sounds weird to thank someone after they caused damage to your vehicle lol but in this case that's what i would do. Her insurance will take care of the damage.

Sent from my SCH-I535

·
22,788 Posts
The girl that left her name and number on your vehicle after hitting it is truly a terrific girl who was raised right. Most would of just kept going. I'd be sending her a dinner gift card just to recognize her honesty. I know it sounds weird to thank someone after they caused damage to your vehicle lol but in this case that's what i would do. Her insurance will take care of the damage.

Sent from my SCH-I535
Sure as heck doesn't sound weird to me. Wish I had thought of it! That's a fantastic idea! Maybe it will catch on? One can hope!!!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Good for her and you that she was honest, sad for us that we feel the need to reward ethical behaviour.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not to steal the thread.. :)

Just a small update.

When the insurance talked to the Girl (21 years old.. poor girl) she was offering to pay for it herself. But I did not want the hassle really, let the insurance company and the body shop deal with each other. Though I do feel for her because she was nice enough to leave her name and number. If it was my 8 year old Prix then I Would have but this is a 5 month old car.

The rental I got (paid by insurance company) is a ford Focus (hatchback).
A lot more powerful (or so it seems)
Dose not have that "manual downshifting" feel when you let up on the gas.
Heated seats which you can have on all the time (great for auto start)
Suspension is better
And...and... it has automatic headlights! (what a concept lol, I got the second highest level trim GLS Elantra.. assumed it had Auto Headlights... teaches me to assume ) :)
The interior SUCKS compared to the Elantra though., controls, displays..ect.

But I can not wait to get the Elantra back from the body shop next week. I miss my car.

They are removing the rear bumper to repaint. And they are re-painting the driver side (only two small scratches.. but i guess they want to have it like new)

·
22,788 Posts
...And they are re-painting the driver side (only two small scratches.. but i guess they want to have it like new)
And so do you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was considering a Focus, but after reading about all the transmission problems we didn't even go look at one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts