Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I changed out the steering column the other day. Normally I would took a paint stick and marked the spline to the female knuckle, but since I used a completely different column mine is off a little. It needs to rotate clockwise. It looked dead nuts center when I installed it, but after driving it is off a little. Do I need to run a string from from back wheel to front wheel to make sure I'm completely squared up and then start? Or just mark with a paint stick and guess and continue to rotate clockwise until I get it?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,712 Posts
This is mechanical so not really my bag :) but is the steering wheel splined? Perhaps you could just move the steering wheel round a spline or two.
Alternatively, you could try driving on a straight stretch of road so the road wheels are straight, then undo the pinch bolt at the bottom of the shaft and realign the steering wheel. Nip the pinch bolt up again and test drive it to see if it's straight.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, but Idk if the knuckle Will just slip off with the pinch bolt loose. Seems like I tried that, but who knows definitely worth trying again. Seems like it didn't wanna clear the break arm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts