Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light kicked on yesterday when I turned my car in after school, and noticed the car wouldn’t accelrate after 4000 RPM. It’s like the car would cut off the accelerator. Naturally, when I got home I checked the oil and it was LOW. Very low, which is funny because I got an oil change two weeks ago. I bought more oil and filled it up, let the car run for a while, and let it sit overnight. The check engine light is still on and it seems as if the car is still in limp mode. I checked the oil this morning and it is at a good level, & checked under the car so there is no leak.

Any suggestions? Don’t know if driving around in limp mode will harm the car

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't think limp mode will harm the car, but the underlying problem that caused it might.
This is correct you could technically drive your car in limp mode forever with no problem. The problem will come from whatever caused the limp mode to start.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Take it out and put the pedal to metal.. if it light up and then cut power on go limp....... likely VCM concern

If it goes and feel flat on power,, then cam plug concern..

No location called in profile, so unknown which market you in to provide valid response to warranty,, along with how many mile on the car for applicable warranty,, USA has 5yr/60,000 basic warranty,, unknown Canada or other off shore places

Brockxa45

2016 Sonata

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Reactions: Soccerguy48025

·
Registered
301 Posts
I thought Limp Mode forced the car to stay under 2000rpm. The OP says 4000 rpm. Is that right? If so, mine could have been in Limp Mode for the last 40,000 miles, as I never tach it over 4000rpm. Ahh,,,sorry, just saw this is a 2 year old thread

1 - 12 of 12 Posts