Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I am new to Hyundai and trying to get this 2002 XG350L on the road and running properly. I was finally able to drive long enough to pull some codes. I got Hyundai specific codes P1191, P1193 and generic code P0302. I erased the codes and then I pulled and cleaned the MAF sensor. I then drove another 10 miles and stopped at Autozone to see if they got anything different. They got nothing and then I got nothing when I tested again. I had a little trouble finding codes P1191 and P1193 which have to do with fuel pressure and P0302 is #2 misfire. My questions are:

1) Would cleaning the MAF sensor clear up those codes?

2) It said it should be in limp mode but did not seem like it. What is limp mode in this vehicle? I have only experienced limp mode on a Saturn and it would not shift out of 1st gear or low range with that stupid variable belt trans. (forget what it is called)

As long as I am asking I still have a low drone or humming sound that does not change with engine RPM but with vehicle speed (gets louder). No real pronounced vibration in the steering wheel (very slight if any). It is very annoying going straight or turning right but goes away with very slight pull on steering wheel to the left. I have ruled out nothing yet. I don't think it is a wheel bearing as everything is tight. It does not change tone under braking or turning TCM on & off. My questions are:

3) What would happen if I unplugged the ABS sensor just on the right front corner? I ask because I noticed the ABS ring on the driveline got banged up because the previous owner let the wheel bearing go so long it ground into the knuckle about 1/4in (6mm) and tore up everything on that corner. Barely got it loaded on my trailer. Replaced knuckle,hub w/bearing, caliper bracket, ball joint and ABS sensor as they were all damaged. I will replace caliper, rotor and pads after I figure out these other problems.

4) What would I feel or hear if the unsprung weight on one corner was unbalanced or way off?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I tried to explain but if you have questions and think you can help or have ideas please ask.

Thanx,
carguy13

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hard to get a fast response as I know there are not a lot of XG owners and everyone is busy but I have new bearings on the way and hope that helps with the drone vibration. No new codes but I will check after changing bearings and getting it on the road and adding miles sometime next week. I am also doing new brakes and tires all around as I need them and hopefully help balance the unsprung weight after serious damage from previous owner bad wheel bearing. As I get to know this XG350L I hope I can help others here. Thanx to everyone for your responses to other posts or threads. Peace-Out

1 - 2 of 2 Posts