Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
N line hands down
I researched last night and nothing the N line had Was better than the limited except arguably the engine. More horsepower but worse fuel economy. I had a 2021 SEL that was totaled and never felt the need for more power and was happy with the fuel mileage so I don’t think the extra money justifies the engine for me, much less losing other options. Just trying to see if I missed anything else.

· Registered
2022 Elantra N-Line 6 M/T
19 Posts
I have an 22 N-Line manual and drive many highway miles. 65-75 MPH and full tank of highway miles and I average 37MPG, (real calculations, dash shows 42-44). Bring that speed down to speed limit and I hit 40.5MPG, again real calculations, not dashboard. Full tank of city driving is about 26-28, but that's because you gotta have some fun with that little turbo, right?
So I guess it comes down to looks and features.

· Registered
1 Posts
Guess it depends on what you want out of the car. I just got a '23 Limited Hybrid. I wanted ventilated seats and gas mileage. Starting it with blue link to cool those seats down when it's 95 outside in August and getting 50mpg+ on the way home will be nice. I personally like the look of it, too. Definitely not hot off the line, but I do like the way it drives. It does have a sport mode which was surprisingly punchy, but still nothing brag about.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

· Registered
2022 Elantra Limited Hybrid
302 Posts
The Hybrid does have 195 lb-ft of torque. You can get a petty good scoot off the line. But, the general 139hp is noticeable on the highway when you want to pass somebody. I do miss my 2011 Fusion and the 240hp V6 as far as that, but don't miss the dismal gas mileage.

· Registered
2021 Hyundai Elantra N-line DCT
904 Posts
The dual clutch transmission is desirable but aren’t there current reported issues with it ?
The N-line has the dry 7 speed and there's no recalls with those. The wet 8 speeds has a recall. The 7 speed ecotech or aka the ecosh*t transmissions are kinda meh and desperately needs a TCU tune. The wet ones I hear are so good on the stock tune

· Registered
904 Posts
I researched last night and nothing the N line had Was better than the limited except arguably the engine. More horsepower but worse fuel economy. I had a 2021 SEL that was totaled and never felt the need for more power and was happy with the fuel mileage so I don’t think the extra money justifies the engine for me, much less losing other options. Just trying to see if I missed anything else.
The N-line hands down especially if you want to throw aftermarket parts at it one day. I got 43 mpg out of mines until I changed tires and now can never reach that high but hey I was happier having better tires anyways.

Sadly the manual was discontinued.

· Registered
3,737 Posts
the big difference is irs. makes a noticeable difference in handling. and one doesn't have to be at speed to feel the difference.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I appreciate everyone’s thoughts. But as a 40 year old guy I went with the limited. Brought it home tonight. Guess I’m old fashioned but if I wanted a sports car I’d buy myself a sports car. I thought the limited had more than enough power leaving a stop light and on the interstate on the way home. I was much more interested in having the safety features and other options that the N line didn’t come with.

· Registered
904 Posts
Well I appreciate everyone’s thoughts. But as a 40 year old guy I went with the limited. Brought it home tonight. Guess I’m old fashioned but if I wanted a sports car I’d buy myself a sports car. I thought the limited had more than enough power leaving a stop light and on the interstate on the way home. I was much more interested in having the safety features and other options that the N line didn’t come with.
Understandable. Tbh I would have went with the n for both performance and features tho gas mileage suffers

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Understandable. Tbh I would have went with the n for both performance and features tho gas mileage suffers
The N loses a lot of features that the Linited has. If it was the same I would have gotten it. And I guess it’s because I remove the compact cars from the 90s that really has no power, I just don’t understand everyone saying the base engine is doggie. Maybe compared to the N, but it seems as peppy as can be. Since I bought a car primarily for fuel mileage (daily driver for work), I just can’t get over losing even 5-6 mpg. Over 200,000 miles that’sa lot. I guess I’m hitting that boomer age lol.

· Super Moderator
2020 Sonata Limited, 2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy
486 Posts
the big difference is irs. makes a noticeable difference in handling. and one doesn't have to be at speed to feel the difference.
I assume "irs" means Independent Rear Suspension. Both the N Line and the Limited have Independent rear suspension according to the specs listed on the Hyundai site.

· Registered
2022 Elantra Limited Hybrid
302 Posts
Only the Hybrid (Blue and Limited, to make room for the battery), N-Line, and N have the independent rear suspension as far as I remember. I think the standard S, SEL, and Limited have the beam rear suspension.

· Registered
3,737 Posts
My error--I posted about the Sonata--not the Elantra.

Here is the data for the Elantra:
View attachment 478191
yah, i think that is error. that same posting on the hyundai site says it has a dct. then, when you go into build, it says it has the ivt, which i think is correct. we really dont care, beam or irs, because we wanted the ventilated seats. however, we also had a 2020 sonata limited, which also has irs, and i could easily tell the elantra handled much better than the sonata. and way better than our 2016 elantras. i was a bit surprised when i looked under there, and saw the irs, because i thought they all had beam. also, the site said the elantra had passenger side height adjustable seat, which we also wanted. it dont. i was on the phone with a cust rep after we got our car, and after some heated discussion, he finally looked, and agreed with me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts