Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through some of my cds and came across this Audio Test CD that I use when setting up or changing my home audio system. So I tried it in my Sonata and when I got to the In-Phase test I discovered that the speakers were not in-phase. What this means is that the speaker wires are not connected correctly so the positive wire coming out of the stereo are actually connected to the negative post on the back of the speaker and the negative is connected to the positive.

Wondering if I should take it in to the dealer and make them switch the wires.

The stereo sounds good but I would assume it would sound better if they were connected correctly.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
i had the same problem with 5.1 yamaha home system, kept saying was out of phase but rechecked 4 times all wires were hooked up correctly and sounded fine.
i think its the disc/program, mines a memorex.

·
Registered
533 Posts
That could mean the wires are crossed in the speakers, head unit and or the amplifier. Lots of checking to do.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah there is a ton of checking that would need to be done. I am planning on replacing the speakers in the front and rear doors anyhow so maybe I'll just wait until then.

Or as hyunnychub stated, maybe its just the CD.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've used that Memorex CD, with good success.

On my home system (Pioneer A/V receiver, HPM-100's and a smattering of secondary Polk and Sony speakers), it all works out great.

On my OEM system on my NF Sonata (2006, basic system), it all checks out OK. On my aftermarket install (JVC stereo, OEM speakers and wiring) on my ex's Versa, also all good.

On my daughter's aftermarket install in her 2002 Santa Fe (JVC stereo, OEM speakers and wiring), the REAR speakers check out, but it sounds like the fronts are never quite right. Since I had crimped the wires to the aftermarket harness, I was able to swap them around a bit, but the polarity check never quite checked out for the fronts.

I wonder: could Hyundai have wired the tweeters (or one of the tweeters) out of phase to the rest???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts