Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just curious here but I want to buy the OEM touch screen radio and the OEM backup camera for a limited and put it in my 2013 GLS. Should it be a fairly simple swap or is it gonna require cutting wires. As long as it keeps the wire harnesses not cut ,ill be happy but I wouldn't mind the backup camera needing wire to add on too or splicing into so it can plug into the back of the radio can anyone help on this topic thanks in advance.

·
Registered
439 Posts
there is nice system (made in korea by mercury) is available, simple swap and plug-in-play..however it will require to have some wiring done (just using several connectors, no slicing/cutting...) and camera is available as well...just get CCD only...it is better on night resoution

·
Registered
207 Posts
there is nice system (made in korea by mercury) is available, simple swap and plug-in-play..however it will require to have some wiring done (just using several connectors, no slicing/cutting...) and camera is available as well...just get CCD only...it is better on night resoution
Is this the Mercury system you are referencing here?

Hyundai Avante DVD Player, Hyundai Avante GPS, Hyundai Avante Navigation System

Do you have this installed in your car? Any feedback on fit, finish and function? How about the manufacturers? Are they legit? I may be interested hence the questions.

Thx

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hello Rocketace1,

The poster is referring to our Compass-NAV system made in Korea by IMercury corp.

Compass-NAV imports and customize the multi-function navigation system for the North American market.

If you wish to know more about our product, please visit Compass Nav - Navigation systems or email us at [email protected].

We have an e-brochure we can send you with pleasure!

Regards,

Charles

Do you have this installed in your car? Any feedback on fit, finish and function? How about the manufacturers? Are they legit? I may be interested hence the questions.

Thx

·
Registered
439 Posts

Thx
no, this is chinese one, and personally I wont recommend it at all. Charles, one of our member, sells it and I got mine from him. it is really nice and cool item!!!

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am installing an aftermarket head unit in my 2013 Limited. That being said, I am selling my factory navigation unit if you are interested.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I am installing an aftermarket head unit in my 2013 Limited. That being said, I am selling my factory navigation unit if you are interested.
why would you do it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
why would you do it?
Simply because I love music and cannot deal with the sound quality the factory radio is capable of. I have the option of installing sound processors that would clean the signal up before sending the audio to my amps, but the nicer sound processors cost the same if not more than a new head unit. Other than the sound quality, I absolutely love the stock nav unit. I'm going to be doing a lot of work to get better sound, but we all have our quirks right?

·
22,788 Posts
...but we all have our quirks right?
Amen, brother. Quirks are what makes the world go around and us tolerate the ride. :grin:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Amen, brother. Quirks are what makes the world go around and us tolerate the ride. :grin:

Said Mr. Quirk

BTW rich, that pic you posted in the "show your temps" thread had lint dust on the dash... How is that possible??????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts