Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took the plunge and now am I proud owner of a 2011 Hyundai Sonata Ltd. I love it! I am still trying to get used to the seat though. I don't dislike it, it is just alot different than my old sports car. I think the whole time i am in my car I am messing with it trying to get it just right. Seat up- Seat back- Seat front up- Seat front down- etc etc etc. So I ask, have any of you found the seat position that is just right for you? I know size and things make a difference- I am about 5'7"/slender.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like the driver's seat, but I'm a "tweaker", too, so I haven't found that "sweet spot" just yet. Steering wheel position, also.
(I'm always messing with the music EQ, too!)
:beer: Enjoy!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The key to all seating is to always change it slightly, maybe every time you drive and at least every hour on long trips. The reason for this is that your body gets tired of one position, so you need to give it some relief once in a while. Remember to adjust your mirrors when you do this.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is something I have struggled with ever since I got the car, and am fidgeting with. I have never been one to always tweak it. Once I found the sweet spot, I left it there, and threatened anyone who might drive my car they'd lose an eye if they moved the seat.

I am 6 foot 1, 270.

I have made other threads in this forum concerning this matter as well.

My current seat configuration is the seat bottom is all the way on the bottom, both front and back (If the back bottom goes any higher, my head hits the roofline, if the front goes any higher, it cuts into my thigh). The back cushion, I am not sure how to describe. The distance to the steering wheel is about where I put my butt as far back in the seat, to where my knee comes close to the seam of the console where the driver's climate control knob is.

Sometimes I get out sore, sometimes not. I hope the cushion breaks in quite a bit more. I am at 4200 miles. Also, I think if I dont actively think about being uncomfortable, and being mad (apparently they censor pist off) about the short seat bottom length, it goes better.

If I could turn back time, I think I would still buy the Sonata, but I wish for anything that I could get a better understanding as to why they engineered the seat bottom to be so short.

I swear the Sonata is made for midgets...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, that is my only major complaint about this car. The seat bottom is way too short and the seat does not go low enough. I feel like my field of view out the front is limited by the roof line because I am sitting an inch or two too high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts