Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case you missed it, mine is a Limited with auto climate control... So the summer months are finally here (like that's news?). With the panoramic sunroof and all four windows down, I have very much enjoyed driving the Tucson for some "fun in the sun" time. However, I noticed that I couldn't disengage the A/C if I had the temperature setting lower than the outside ambient light. Now, I know some of you are going to say "Well, take it out of AUTO, you dummy!" ... I have tried many things, to include pressing the A/C button twice (once to turn on, a second time to turn off), I still feel cold air coming out of the vents. How do I override the A/C when I want to just get air flow and no added cooling?

:p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

I am not exactly sure how the auto climate control works on the Tuscon, however, my old Crown Vic had it's version of climate control and all I had to do was select Vent, Floor etc. and that would override the A/C and turn it off.

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE (Polaris Flyer @ Jun 22 2010, 01:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335259
Just in case you missed it, mine is a Limited with auto climate control... So the summer months are finally here (like that's news?). With the panoramic sunroof and all four windows down, I have very much enjoyed driving the Tucson for some "fun in the sun" time. However, I noticed that I couldn't disengage the A/C if I had the temperature setting lower than the outside ambient light. Now, I know some of you are going to say "Well, take it out of AUTO, you dummy!" ... I have tried many things, to include pressing the A/C button twice (once to turn on, a second time to turn off), I still feel cold air coming out of the vents. How do I override the A/C when I want to just get air flow and no added cooling?

:p
I don't have auto climate control now, but had it on my 2002 Santa Fe LX, standard equip. modern technology offered? Not, go figure?
Anyway, I think all you have to do is push the A/C button to off, & set a temp. on the cool side on the dial, and it should hold that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Klingoff @ Jun 22 2010, 05:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335315
I am not exactly sure how the auto climate control works on the Tuscon, however, my old Crown Vic had it's version of climate control and all I had to do was select Vent, Floor etc. and that would override the A/C and turn it off.
Ditto with my old Ford Taurus SHO, and it too had automatic climate control. Just set it and forget it. If I wanted to just vent, I could! Can't seem to figure out how with this Tucson...

·
Registered
570 Posts
I don't know if this is related to what you are talking about, but it might.

Back in the spring, we had a couple of days where the temps got really warm. When I turned the Auto on, the air light was NOT on, but the recirc light was. The air pouring out was REALLY cold, to the point I couldn't believe it was without the AC on. I still haven't figured this one out, as I've never seen air come out this cold without the AC.

I am assuming you have pressed the "off" button, to shut off the whole system. Next time you are out in the heat, try turning off the system and then, press the fan button up once, just to get air moving through it. See if the recirc light is on, along with the AC.

Good luck with this!

tim B)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (TimmyB @ Jun 22 2010, 09:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335388
I am assuming you have pressed the "off" button, to shut off the whole system. Next time you are out in the heat, try turning off the system and then, press the fan button up once, just to get air moving through it. See if the recirc light is on, along with the AC.
Thanks! I will try this.

·
Registered
570 Posts
We went out today right after a storm had passed through. The outside temp read 70, the temp control was set at 68 on both sides. The air coming through the vents was definitely cooled, even though the AC light AND the recirc light were both off. When I bumped the controls up to above 70, the air was cool, but not chilled, as before.

I guess this must be the way Hyundai made it. If so, that would make a couple of things that are a little too GM-ish for me, and by that, I mean trying to think too much. The other one that I absolutely hate (and feel is a serious safety issue) is the automatic unlocking of all the doors when you place the vehicle into park. I mean, think about it. You are in a major city, and one of those scam groups comes up behind you and taps you in the bumper. The first thing you might do is place the vehicle into park. The LAST thing you would do is unlock all the doors, exposing your passengers to whomever is standing right there. I sure wish these items were programmable, as that's the first one I would change.

tim B)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (TimmyB @ Jun 23 2010, 02:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335584
We went out today right after a storm had passed through. The outside temp read 70, the temp control was set at 68 on both sides. The air coming through the vents was definitely cooled, even though the AC light AND the recirc light were both off. When I bumped the controls up to above 70, the air was cool, but not chilled, as before.

I guess this must be the way Hyundai made it. If so, that would make a couple of things that are a little too GM-ish for me, and by that, I mean trying to think too much. The other one that I absolutely hate (and feel is a serious safety issue) is the automatic unlocking of all the doors when you place the vehicle into park. I mean, think about it. You are in a major city, and one of those scam groups comes up behind you and taps you in the bumper. The first thing you might do is place the vehicle into park. The LAST thing you would do is unlock all the doors, exposing your passengers to whomever is standing right there. I sure wish these items were programmable, as that's the first one I would change.

tim B)
You know, you make a VERY good point! My last car did have that as a programmable setting, allowing me to choose whether to auto unlock or not. Hmmm... The more I discover about the engineering of this car, the more I am beginning to see the old Hyundai efforts to just deliver enough to get by, but not enough to be innovative. Then again, you do get what you pay for...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts