Hyundai Forums banner

181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Where is that setting. On my 2019 ultimate the rear camera settings just shows the view I want. Nothing about time.
Yep,
1. SETUP
2. ADVANCED (on second screen)
3. EXTEND REAR CAMERA USE
If that is checked, the camera stays on for a long time after you switch to drive, until you hit 10mph or so... Otherwise, it goes off right when you shift to Drive.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can you elaborate? Do you mean it does not provide the additional support you were expecting?
Hyundai's thigh extender kind of just rolls out a couple inches at the front of the seat. Others the whole front cushion pulls out giving much more support and being able to almost reach behind your knees. Although I'm sure the effectiveness of any car seat thigh extender is dependent on the drivers height and leg length. But I do agree with the previous post the Santa Fe's thigh extender isn't has good say as Subaru's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pros:
Handling is decent. Yes there are better handling SUVs, but I would think the SF would be more than competent for most people.
Quieter ride versus most of the competition.
Lane keep assist works better than other cars I have driven.
LED headlights are excellent.
Blindspot indicators in HUD are excellent.
Like lack of power tilt telescopic steering wheel. Have had it in other vehicles, and it’s too slow. Little advantage over manual version, and manual version can be adjusted more quickly.
Smaller blind spots versus most of the competition.
Not the sexiest dashboard, but it’s efficient and overall the controls are easy to use.
Love the panoramic roof.
Storage under rear floor is excellent, and buttons to fold down the rear seats work well.
adjustable turn signal settings.
Substantial discounts off MSRP available.
Cons:
My biggest beef is the well-documented uneven throttle makes it difficult to drive smoothly. I noticed it when I test drove one, but I assumed I would get used to the situation with time, but that has not happened. And the turbo boost often comes on late with a rush. Without exception, everyone who is driven our SF has commented on the uneven throttle. Apparently Hyundai has been aware of this situation for sometime, and I’m shocked they have not fixed it given that it sounds like a fix would not be difficult.
Automatic transmission is OK, but could use some improvement. Every once in a while it will upshift or downshift with a jolt. My cousin also has one, and his is the same. And the transmission is rather slow shifting, both with upshifts and with down shifts.
Center console needs more cushioning next to driver’s leg.
Hyundai needs to upgrade the HUD so that it is visible with polarized sunglasses.

Wishes:
Too bad folding mirrors are not available
Heated windshield would be a nice option for those on snow/ice areas that more and more SUVs are starting to offer.
40/20/40 splitting rear seat would be helpful for carrying long items like skis.
Wonder why they don’t offer a stronger optional engine, perhaps the V6 from the Palisade. I often find myself wishing the 2.0 T had more power, especially when there are four people in the car. Our old SF had a V6 and I miss it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked up my 2019 FWD 2.0T Ultimate about a month ago on an excellent deal. I was shopping the 2020 models when I noticed the 2019 Ultimate on the lot. They were offering a $4500 rebate on the 2019 with an additional $500 for owner's loyalty and $500 more for being a veteran. That's $5500 in rebates right off the top before negotiations. I ended up getting the vehicle at invoice which brought the purchase price down another $1900+. That's $7400+ off retail before putting any money down. I ended up getting the vehicle for just a hair over $32000 out the door after sales tax and Doc fees. That's an exceptional value for a vehicle with these features.

Getting back to the topic of this thread.

Likes: Too many to list. This is the best car for the money I have ever owned. I also own a 2019 2.4 SEL Tucson that I bought for my daughter when she graduated college and a 2017 Sonata Sport SE I bought in late 2016, that has also been an excellent vehicle. This is the first time in my life that I have owned three vehicles from the same manufacturer.

Dislikes: I hate, hate, hate the auto start/stop feature. I try to remember to turn it off each time I start the vehicle, but sometimes I forget (until it activates, ugghhh). I'll have to research this forum for the toothpick trick I read about in this thread.

View attachment 444320

View attachment 444332
Great looking SUV! I am strongly considering one of these over the new 2020 Subaru Outback. *(That one seems to have a lot of infotainment system issues)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great looking SUV! I am strongly considering one of these over the new 2020 Subaru Outback. *(That one seems to have a lot of infotainment system issues)
The new Subaru Outback has a great interior some good exterior looks. The Eyesight system is rock solid. The symmetrical AWD is bullet proof. And you'll get better fuel economy from the Outback vs. Santa Fe. But yes, Subaru's infotainment system leaves something to be desired vs. the Hyundai's.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Can you elaborate? Do you mean it does not provide the additional support you were expecting?
Correct. It provides additional support but not as much as a seat where the bottom cushion slides forward or when the thigh section slides forward.

Check out this video around the 6:20 mark to see what the SF seat does.

Not saying it's uncomfortable but looks more comfortable than it actually is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Both are very good selling cars for good reason. All a matter of what your priorities are, and then there is the subjective part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not sure why only some people are not happy about the 19" wheels and ride. I find that if the Continental tires are not overinflated, the ride is smooth and quiet and it absorbs road abnormalities very well. My tires were overinflated by 5PSI from the dealer after servicing it, and the ride was harsh and I noticed it right away. Could the ride be that sensitive to the tire/pressure?
I’ve seen dealers leave the tires at “shipping” pressure (~45psi) or overinflate to the max pressure shown on the sidewall. A pound of two more than the door sticker is ok but if you get at 40 or higher it will be a rough ride

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ve seen dealers leave the tires at “shipping” pressure (~45psi) or overinflate to the max pressure shown on the sidewall. A pound of two more than the door sticker is ok but if you get at 40 or higher it will be a rough ride
5 pounds can be significant.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
reverse camera, why does it stay on for 10 seconds after I shift to drive and start driving. Should it go off a second after I shift into drive?”

Doh! When in this setting it allows you to see backward AND forward as you maneuver into a parking space, based upon your shift selector position.

·
Registered
338 Posts
reverse camera, why does it stay on for 10 seconds after I shift to drive and start driving. Should it go off a second after I shift into drive?”

Doh! When in this setting it allows you to see backward AND forward as you maneuver into a parking space, based upon your shift selector position.
Agreed. This is a "like" for me, not a dislike.

·
Registered
184 Posts
weeeiiirrrddddd... I have the '20 SEL plus with both packages. Only difference should be no nav (I use Android Auto instead), but odd that the software is different.
There are differences. The ‘19 may not have the backup camera time. And I don’t think the ‘20 has “auto comfort.”

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pros :
Too many to list

Cons:
Haven't owned it long enough to have any

Wishes:
  • keypad entry
  • auto folding mirrors
  • auto dimming driver's side mirror
  • 40/20/40 back seat split