Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my SF 2019 Ultimate T2.0 AWD (US model) for about 3 months now. My previous/current autos include 2015 Kia Sedona, 2018 Hyundai Kona, 2018 Audi S4, 2011 Subaru Forester. So here is my list, what are yours?

a. HUD with color options and blind spot indicators in HUD
b. Panoramic roof
c. Touch screen with Android Auto
d. Dual temp display (separate from screen)
e. Rear storage under floor when loading from hatch
f. Buttons to fold-down seats when loading from hatch
g. 2-speeds to open/close hatch
h. Variable blinker settings
i. Color options (Chose blue ext)

Dislikes (minor):
a. Front windshield has no noticeable gradual tinting at top, but some black dot/masking to help
b. No interior light in glove box, my KIA has one (I added a motion-sensing LED light)
c. Switches to activate heat/cool seats sometimes triggered accidentally when putting/getting items in the storage area below in console (fat hands, I have)
d. Reflection caused from outside door-mounted mirror - flat-area on stem facing inwards, solved this by putting a stick-on opaque material to diffuse reflection

Wish it had:
a. Lighted door sill option
b. Lighted switches in the front headliner area for sunroof, etc. (mirror buttons and everything else is lit, why not this?)
c. Dual exhaust

and so it begins...

·
Registered
197 Posts
One dislike is the rearmost dome light does not illuminate when you turn on the interior lights. Why? I have no clue...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Rough ride from 19 inch low profile wheels and tires. Already took them off. Reflection on windshield from heads up display unit in dash even when turned off. That’s the negatives. Too many positives to list.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cons-
Led interior lighting except for both vanity and rear.
Now that one mentioned no glove box light- fail. My Kona had one and that is a entry level CUV also had the Korean blue for all the lit up button and console.
Cheap liner for sunroof, Kona had some insulation.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think this vehicle is the best value in its class. Lots of features that are expensive options on other vehicles. Too many positives to list.

Dislikes

Fuel economy, one of the lowest in its class
Drive train: turbo lag and speed and responsiveness of transmission
Overly stiff accelerator pedal especially at tip in; less tension would make it easier to modulate and manage turbo lag
Cheap carpet and fabric in cargo area, but hey they need to cut corners somewhere

Wish it Had

Better use of the instrument cluster display. Its a great display, but limited info. Even better, side mirror camera display when turn signal activated like on new Palisade and Kia Telluride
Ability to program headlights to come on automatically with auto windshield wipers
Unlock sensors on inside of exterior door handles like most other cars. I am so used to just grabbing the door handles to unlock
Front proximity sensors, yeah a bit overkill with the 360 camera
Remote start on key fob, but bluelink is OK, just takes a minute

But most of all, I wish it had a better badge and more prestigious brand name! People look at me funny when I tell them I bought a Hyundai......Just kidding, if it had a different brand it would be thousands more. Check out this you tube reviewer on the new Kia and why his wife refuses to buy one.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Dislikes:
Fabric on the leather seat, 2 places per front seat. 1) inner side next to the middle console, 2) thin strip on outer side near the bottom.
Sun roof wind deflector is fabric!!!
Rear bump where the mud guard is weak / loose.
Probably more once I have the car.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wish I could disable the automatic intermittent wipers and manually adjust to a fixed interval. My last 3 cars have had the rain sensing as part of their trim level and I still don’t like the feature as much as having full control.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Dislikes:
Fabric on the leather seat, 2 places per front seat. 1) inner side next to the middle console, 2) thin strip on outer side near the bottom.
Sun roof wind deflector is fabric!!!
Rear bump where the mud guard is weak / loose.
Probably more once I have the car.

Fabric inserts on the leather seats? That’s an easy answer. It helps eliminate squeaking noises when the seat rubs against the adjacent surfaces. Smart move, Hyundai.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Rough ride from 19 inch low profile wheels and tires. Already took them off. Reflection on windshield from heads up display unit in dash even when turned off. That’s the negatives. Too many positives to list.

I am not sure why only some people are not happy about the 19" wheels and ride. I find that if the Continental tires are not overinflated, the ride is smooth and quiet and it absorbs road abnormalities very well. My tires were overinflated by 5PSI from the dealer after servicing it, and the ride was harsh and I noticed it right away. Could the ride be that sensitive to the tire/pressure?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would like to have seen the directional blinker on the dash down low. I sit up high and the top of the steering wheel blocks my view. The clicking is so quiet that sometimes I don't notice it's still on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Agree with a lot here
Dislike: no keyless entry sensor on rear doors. I carry a bag daily and have to either pull my fob all the way out my pocket, or fumble for the right button in my pocket, or, unlock front doors keyless then go back to the rear door to where I store my bag. Also dislike no led light option on lower trims

·
Registered
8 Posts
The amount of tech at this price point is very nice.
Physical buttons are the best, no capacitive buttons for stupid things like changing the radio volume or adjusting the AC

Dislikes:
Seats could be nicer, Recaro makes more than just performance seats.
No speed warning in the dash (Go over set speed limit, car dings at you). My old car from 2008 did this.
No rear-window auto-down/up switches for the driver.
No sensor based entry on the doors, the button on the door handle is lame.
No auto folding side mirrors, for 40K you can put some on the car.
Throttle input lag is terrible.
Having to install my own LED turn signals when the rest of the car has LED's for everything is unacceptable.
Gas mileage isn't great, but the car does weigh a lot.
Power is ok. The potential is there, but it's unused. Especially for the top level trim, 250HP is not unheard of in a car of this class.
Transmission hunts for gears sometimes and is tuned for gas mileage. Even in sport mode, it should hold gears longer, or kick-down sooner.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I would like to have seen the directional blinker on the dash down low. I sit up high and the top of the steering wheel blocks my view. The clicking is so quiet that sometimes I don't notice it's still on.
I'll add to this that I don't like the smoked chrome, especially on the bottom of the doors. Impossible to keep clean, especially water spots. Would prefer Brushed aluminum like the lower models have I believe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
One thing I wish Hyundai would add to their vehicles (it's not even available on the Genesis models) is the "walk away auto lock" feature. I was so used to just getting out of my vehicle and walking away. I'd get about 15 feet away and hear the car lock. Never had to worry that I forgot to lock the car. For the first few weeks that I owned the Santa Fe, I actually left the car unlocked multiple times because I was so used to that autolock feature. Now the closest thing I have is the constant wife reminder alarm "did you lock it?".

1 - 20 of 196 Posts