Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Sunday, my wife was hit by a distracted uninsured driver with a suspended license, totaling out our '07 Pilot. We have a 2013 Sonata Limited and we love it, so I started looking for Santa Fe's. The Pilot was a 7 seater and my wife usually ends up carting our kid's friends around, so I had to look for a LWB Santa Fe. I'm in the Milwaukee area, and for some reason finding a LWB model in my price range of under 20k was difficult. There are literally hundreds of Sports around here, but only a handful of LWB. My back was against the wall because my rental coverage was going to run out, but finally after an exhaustive search, I found a super clean well maintained 2013 Santa Fe GLS AWD with the Popular Equipment Package and Leather & Nav Package. It is not CPO but it is a one owner with very detailed service records, all done at Hyundai dealerships. My wife loves it, and I think it's a very nice upgrade from the Pilot. The only thing I don't love so far is the Dimension audio system, but my wife is not an audiophile and it doesn't bother her, so it'll do. Hopefully the Santa Fe will be as good to us as the Pilot was.

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
Congrats on your XL and hopefully you’ll like it, we have our XL for almost 4 yrs now and might consider a trade for a 2018 model or possibly the new design 2019. See you around the LWB forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sonata_danny

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the new ride for your wife. Hopefully she wasn't hurt in the crash. We've had our XL for for about 4 years now and we still love it.
Thank you! Unfortunately the crash was fairly serious, and for the amount of damage her Pilot took, it kept my wife pretty safe. Her airbag deployed, and she is bruised and sore but no broken bones or lacerations other than a contusion on her knee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts