Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last night my kid told me one DRL not on, ok let see maybe a bulb, so I changed bulb in High beam , worked. then when I turn it off amber parking lights were on , keep turning the switch on and off still on then I pushed the lever in and its gone, fine, well next day no DRL and high beam works only park, regular lights and signals. now what ? could it be the switch Kaput?
thanks LMK

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
isn't High beam as DRL with low Volts ? thats how it works on my BMW. I could be wrong it was at night when I changed ,but bulb on High beam was blown. on weekend I'll take all of off and re inspect again.
ahh i guess i'm wrong about DRL are combine with Hi beam . I have to double check the whole system .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK , double checked all F bulbs bad contact on High beam . BTW High beam bulbs are DRL and High beam as I thought before, the DRL runs on lower Voltage , so there fore lights are back norm. before that I checked the fuse I think it was # 23 and Relay , # 23 was blown due to bad contact on HI beam plug.
good, I'm going to have a beer now since I saved few $$ for mechanical check up .

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Remember that on Hyundai that driving around with DRL..... you have no visible tail lighting.. Not good idea when conditions favor proper white headlights and illuminated tail lights for others to se you in front of them

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we Here in Canada know that, all cars are like that since early nineties , it was made for so other cars and people can tell car is in motion.But yeah you get odd Idiot driving with just DRL at night. and reason for, most new cars have dash cluster light up when engine is running, so assuming lights are on. :(

now I have to change next week RH outer tie rod ,its bit loose

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahh , **** lights, car running- DRL on, flip on High beam- works, turn low beam works, but it wont activate Hight beam when lows are on. the blue light on cluster is on . ????? I thought the Beemers were bad on electrical LOL. I guess they are not alone. any Idea WTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts